GoCanvas is searching for our Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) – You are a visionary leader and mentor, skilled at digital, interactive marketing with a focus on driving amazing impact. You thrive in the adrenaline of a global, fast growing, venture-backed start-up, entering its 14th year of growth. You will shape our fast-growing company by leading our dynamic marketing efforts and award-winning team bringing our B2B Software as a Service Platform to SMB’s all across the globe.
This will be a win/win if you have demonstrated experience in:
- A hyper-growth company growing >40% YoY
- A SaaS B2B company with >$40M ARR
- Accelerating B2B lead quantity, quality and funnel velocity
- Working with product marketing, sales, client engagement, product/engineering to improve conversion, deal flow, ARPA and SOW
- Mentoring and leading a high performing team
- Continuous improvement and lifelong learning
Your Most Important Initiatives:
Leadership Role: As a department head for the day-to-day execution of all marketing efforts you'll build high-performance teams, ensuring key roles are staffed for growth, and team members are creatively executing against their OKR’s. Beyond your team, you will collaborate with various departments, the CEO, and at times the GoCanvas Board of Directors.
You will build on your previous successes in growing digital go-to-market strategies, to engage businesses to “Try Before They Buy” or to learn more using low human touch digital marketing means. You know the importance of “consumerizing” business-to-business software and speak fluently in the tools and processes used to engage curious parties to become paid subscribers. This will manifest itself in a customer acquisition cost and GMPP that is in line with existing market trends and cutting-edge practices.
Partner with a Dynamic Sales Leadership / Revenue team who focus on a hybrid no-touch / high touch experience: You have experience partnering with a high velocity B2B SaaS inside sales team. You understand the key factors in sales success and partner to drive web visits that lead to trial that lead to conversion to revenue and growth. You understand the critical need for self-serve revenue to diversify the revenue mix and cost structure of a “consumerized” B2B SaaS platform.
Product Partnership: You understand the critical relationship between product, sales & marketing and are excited to partner closely with the GoCanvas product leadership team. You are passionate about ensuring the customer and GoCanvas’s voice is heard in the formulation of product roadmaps and strategy.You will also play a leading role in evaluating market trends, customers’ needs, and competition strategies from which you can provide recommendations on everything from product pricing and positioning, to markets to approach.
What Does Success Look Like:
Operating within Top Line Metrics: You will help drive subscriber revenue growth to over 60% a year, ensuring outlined Gross Margin Payback Periods are achieved, all while keeping gross subscription revenue churn low.
An ever-growing Reach: You will continue to build upon our growing Organic Methods to attract new subscribers – exploring, experimenting and using proven methods to help us grow our organic programs like SEO and Direct Brand Awareness by faster and more efficient methods that dramatically increase our reach.
Developing New Entry Points to Market: You will broaden the reach of our marketing to include approaching new markets or new sources of leads.
What You Bring:
- A dual passion for quantitative marketing (digital demand generation) and qualitative marketing (Product marketing and brand/messaging).
- Ability to diagnose the lead generation and development process to remove bottlenecks and prescribe changes to targeting, messaging, campaign execution and lead development tactics.
- Ability to assess lead and opportunity channels and help inform the mix of effort and investment across channels to maximize growth.
- Mastery of brand, value/ROI based communications, and product marketing.
- Mastery of buying behaviour and motivations.
- Knowledge of SaaS B2B technologies and their buying cycles.
- Must be an energetic, passionate and articulate communicator.
- Must demonstrate strength in analytics and trial-based change approach.
- Must demonstrate experience with both direct and self-service/ecommerce strategies.
- The skill to distil and summarize complex ideas succinctly in verbal and written communication is required.
So, What’s GoCanvas?
GoCanvas is a mobile platform that makes it simple for businesses to automate how work is done, replacing outdated processes and expensive paperwork. The GoCanvas App works on smartphones and tablets, helping companies easily collect information across their organization, share it instantly, and gain real-time insight into their business operations. GoCanvas can be easily customized by all types of businesses to empower their workforce, unleashing the value in data across the organization to help better connect with colleagues and engage more effectively with customers. Automating millions of workplace activities for well-known brands like Pepsi, Honda, and Red Bull means there's a good chance you have been around someone using GoCanvas in the past 24 hours, making us one of the fastest-growing mobile platforms in the world!
Our recent achievements as an organization include The 2020 Golden Bridge Award for Company Rethinking of the Year, and being named by Deloitte as one of the “Fast 500 Technology Companies” in 2017, 2018, and 2019 for tremendous company growth, Gold for “Fastest Growing Company” and Silver for the “Best Places to Work”, and last but definitely not least as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019 by Inc Magazine, The Washingtonian, and The Washington Business Journal!
What GoCanvas Brings
We believe hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. We take our values seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Innovation, Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to work, but staying inspired by their important metrics, to think and act like owners of our business. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity and a chance for individuals passionate about their role to have fun at work.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are also proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs and truly invest in you with:
- Unlimited Vacation Policy (also known as unlimited PTO)
- 13 Company-Paid Holidays (which include GoCanvas's Birthday, Earth Day, and Juneteenth to name a few)
- Medical Insurance (where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!)
- Dental and Vision Insurance with employer contribution
- Health Savings or Flexible Spending Account depending upon your medical plan selection
- Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401k plan with employer match
- Pet Insurance
- Parental Leave
About K1-Our Equity Partners
K1 builds category-leading enterprise software companies. As a global investment firm, K1 assists high-growth businesses to achieve successful outcomes, and invests alongside strong management teams that continue to guide their organizations on a day-to-day basis. With over 120 professionals, K1 and its operating affiliate, K1 Operations LLC, change industry landscapes by assisting with operationally-focused growth strategies designed to assist portfolio companies scale efficiently. Since inception of the firm, K1 has partnered with over 160 enterprise software companies including industry leaders such as Apttus, Buildium, Checkmarx, Clarizen, ControlUp, Emburse, FMG Suite, Granicus, IronScales, Litera Microsystems, Onit, Rave Mobile Safety, RFPIO, Smarsh, WorkForce Software and Zapproved. For more information about K1, please visit k1capital.com or follow us at linkedin.com/company/k1im.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: (703) 547-8588.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas. This role is a #LI-Remote opportunity