Superconductive’s mission is to revolutionize the speed and integrity of data collaboration. We are the team behind Great Expectations, the leading open source tool for data testing, documentation, and profiling. Data teams all over the world use Great Expectations to instrument, understand, and collaborate on their data and machine learning systems.
About the role
This is an exciting time at Superconductive. We have a dedicated community of data practitioners from around the world that include hungry startups, leaders in tech, and fortune 500 companies. Through scrappy growth tactics, we’ve been able to grow our slack community to 3,000 members. Now with the right resources, we are looking for that person who can help us grow the community exponentially and help bring our brand in front of every data practitioner.
As the first dedicated Community Manager of Great Expectations, you will have the opportunity to shape one of the fastest-growing data communities in the world. You will be an advocate for a strong, inclusive, values-driven community, as well as defining tactics, programs, and strategy to scale the Great Expectations community and brand.
We are looking for for someone who can:
- Foster and build relationships both in-person and online at scale
- Communicate effectively with data developers, with technical precision and authenticity
- Be a conduit between the company and the community, able to discover ways to serve both
- See the big picture and understand how the smaller things fit together to achieve this big picture
- Build out and execute on the community vision together with internal and external stakeholders
- Represent Superconductive in the developer community and help to build a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive community environmentAttend online and in-person events to speak about the Great Expectations product and communities
- Plan, organize, and run community events
- Run open source product demos and lead follow up conversations and Q&A
- Work with the Content Manager and Developer Advocate to produce community-driven content
- Become a specialist in the developer audience, relentlessly seeking data and relevant trends to make decisions that improve the impact and effectiveness of content concepts and copy across the medium
- Work directly with open source contributors to review, refine, and merge contributions to the open source project
- Contribute to improvements in internal processes and procedures as our team grows and matures
- Advise internal stakeholders on how to interact on our forums
- Collaborate with other teams to improve the forum experience
Why join Superconductive?
Glad you asked!
- A world class team, with deep roots in open source, cutting-edge software and data development. We are actively cultivating a new cultural blend of excellent data engineering and AI-enabled technical workflows.
- A fast-growing company with lots of opportunity for learning and personal growth.
- A front-row seat to the rapid evolution of data science and engineering. Data work is going through a renaissance, and—as the leading provider of a key piece in the new technology ecosystem—Superconductive is right in the middle of it.
- A kind, curious, and open-minded company culture. We are always seeking ways to improve ourselves and our processes; we keep these conversations open to the whole team. We prioritize empowering our team members rather than a command and control hierarchy.
- A distributed team with lots of flexibility around timing and individual work preferences. We currently have teammates in the San Francisco Bay Area, Salt Lake City, New York, Michigan, North Carolina, Washington, Connecticut and other places. We’d love to add your town.
- And of course, competitive compensation (base salary + equity package) with available Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K.