Spirit to Win
Do you want to impact educators and institutions around the globe? At McGraw Hill, our Editorial team create materials that will inspire learners at all levels. We now have an opportunity for a driven and results-focused Content Developer. In this role, you will work in collaboration with several key stakeholders to implement the vision, strategy, development, and growth of a diverse range of competitive, reputable and financially viable products, both print and digital, across the Higher Education sector.
How can you make an impact?
As our new Content Developer, working across our Psychology, Management and Accounting Portfolios, you will play an integral part in projects that meet the needs of our customers and markets. To meet the objectives and execute on our product vision strategy, you will become an expert on the capabilities of our platforms and products, whilst continually focusing on content curation, acquisition, and market development.
What you will be doing:
· Keeping content current, accurate and reinvigorated through active addressing of market feedback and observing market changes.
· Liaising with authors and subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure content is delivered on time and within scope. Ensuring regular and open communications with both external and internal stakeholders and customers.
· Managing developmental costs by working closely within established product specifications.
· Maintaining and managing multiple project schedules effectively and ensuring all key milestones and deadlines are met on time.
· Communicating project updates to team members and escalating issues when required. Liaising with sales and marketing to ensure successful product launches.
· Transitioning appropriate print products to digital versions and releases to extend product brand lifecycle and optimize user experience.
· Mapping and creating digital-first solutions for the market, ensuring they meet market requirements and expectations.
What we need from you?
· Previous experience in publishing, ideally educational or academic publishing, within an editorial environment.
· Prior author management experience.
· Experience of market development through reviews, focus groups, campus calling, etc.
· The ability to manage multiple, competing projects across a variety of market sectors.
· A high degree of digital literacy, i.e. Microsoft applications, digital/cloud platforms for content management and authoring, customer relationship management tools, etc.
Why work for us?
We have a collective passion for the work we do and a curiosity to find new solutions. If you share our determination, together we will drive learning forward. If you have a data-driven mindset, are creative in solving problems and have outstanding communication skills, we want to talk to you.
As an education innovation company, we're proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we'll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw Hill and together, we'll impact the world.