Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
Wish is looking to add a Compliance Specialist to the Content Operations Team. As a Compliance Specialist, you’ll be expected to assess and improve our current content moderation process by analyzing and enforcing content according to Wish Policies. Critical thinkers with experience in quality assurance, customer service, compliance issues, tool improvement, e-commerce and/or regulatory matters will excel in this role.
What you'll be doing:
- Review and evaluate merchant content for compliance with Wish’s policies
- Think both quantitatively and qualitatively to evaluate and address unusual, harmful, or sensitive content
- Identify and analyze issues, patterns and trends in customer requests & product performance
- Craft well-written responses that are grammatically correct, concise, polished and professional
- Demonstrate empathy, patience and responsible judgement with every customer to ensure the best and most appropriate outcome based on each situation
- Achieve daily goals of solved tickets without compromising the customer experience
- Learn and use various internal tools to review and moderate content on the platform
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with teammates and cross-functional teams
- Assist with one-off projects as opportunities arise
- Assist in the development of training materials and policy alignment
- Minimize uncertainty in enforcement efforts through sound judgment, policy expertise and quantitative insights
- Gather research and conduct analysis in policy and regulatory compliance
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be incredibly detail-oriented and navigate grey areas effectively
- Proven ability to complete repetitive tasks for extended periods
- Manage exposure to unusual, sensitive, and/or obscene content
- Dedication to delivering on objectives and maintaining high quality results
- Passionate about finding data-driven solutions to complex problems
- Can work independently to effectively prioritize and manage your time
- Desire to continually learn, adapt, and work in a fun, fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in trust and safety
- Previous experience in retail, e-commerce, and/or a start-up’s
- Previous experience in customer support
- Experience working with spreadsheets, Zendesk, and Jira
- Passionate about pop-culture and online shopping
- Sense of humor and a sense of adventure!
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.