Right now, even though STEM skills are increasingly important, over 60% of students in Kindergarten through 8th grade are not proficient in math at their own grade-level. The pandemic has increased the opportunity gap for our most vulnerable students. As a society, we need to bring together our best, most creative minds to tackle this critical problem and ensure all kids are successful in math and school and have the tools they need to reach their potential. This includes developing the most innovative learning technology using advanced data science in a way that inspires students and empowers teachers. Come help us make a difference at DreamBox Learning.
We’re passionate about our mission to radically transform the way the world learns. Today, our Intelligent Adaptive Learning platform – with its rigorous math curriculum and game-based environment – is helping 5 million kids and over 150,000 educators improve math achievement and build a love of math at the same time. In the wake of COVID-19, and the broad range of learning experiences: in-person, all virtual and hybrid models, we are uniquely positioned to bring our best-in-class adaptive learning platform to more students and provide Educators and Parents with insights into their student’s learning.
About the Role:
DreamBox Learning is seeking a temporary Senior Director of Marketing to help lead our marketing team and support the development and execution of Go-To-Market, brand and demand generation strategies. The Senior Director of Marketing will play a critical leadership role in fulfilling and accelerating the company's growth and impact goals, working closely with our sales organization, and will report to the Interim Head of Marketing.
We are looking for a purpose-driven marketing professional and inspiring leader with outstanding marketing instincts, abilities, and leadership skills, who has a natural bias towards helping technology companies grow and scale to achieve top and bottom-line results. Our candidate has broad and deep experience in B2B demand generation, B2B customer marketing, and sales enablement. You will have operational excellence in a B2B marketing environment, helping pull together systems and processes into a seamless experience. You will have a proven track record of driving business results, including client acquisition and retention. This person must be extremely collaborative, have a metrics-driven mindset, a high bar for quality, and the ability to lead in a fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative and dynamic marketing leader to work with great people, support aggressive business growth, and make a true impact with the next generation of teachers, students, and administrators.
*This will be a 6+ month contract.
What You'll Be Doing:
· Driving Rhythm of the Business (ROB) by developing and executing marketing strategies and programs that align with sales to drive lead generation to garner new customers (and expansion from existing customers)
· Helping drive account-based marketing-like strategies to support pipeline contribution, build C-suite relationships, and achieve revenue targets
· Driving ROB by developing and executing customer marketing strategies and programs that drive engagement, retention, and usage
· Collaborating across teams to build and deliver timely and integrated marketing plans, GTM campaigns, and alignment to support business objectives and the functional teams that interact with the market
· Finding innovative ways to connect with target audiences and increase brand awareness across multiple platforms, including digital and offline (e.g., webinars)
· Analyzing and disseminate results, evaluate marketing effectiveness and ROI of marketing programs to drive marketing investments and productivity
· Supporting market and customer research collection, analysis, and interpretation of data for short- and long-term market forecasts and reports in partnership with product management
· Working with the Interim Head of Marketing to lead, mentor, and inspire the marketing team, while infusing best practices based on qualitative insight, a data-driven mindset, and effort towards continuous improvement
· Cultivating effective relationships with internal stakeholders to ignite action that will grow the business
· Managing marketing budget and expenditures
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field; MBA preferred
· Experience in the EdTech industry a plus
· Minimum 12+ years of professional experience in B2B marketing strategy and demand generation, with demonstrated proficiency in developing marketing programs to acquire and retain business
· Success in building marketing strategies that deliver on sales and growth priorities
· Success in building marketing strategies that deliver on customer usage, retention and engagement
· Proven developer of people and talent, with at least 7 years of experience managing, growing, and leading a team of high-performing individuals
· Expert in positioning products and services with compelling messaging and storytelling that resonates with the full customer experience
· Seasoned at creating organizational alignment and action around marketing metrics, measurement, reporting, and automation
· Marketing operations experience – Salesforce, Marketo marketing automation, Tableau experience
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Team player with great interpersonal and communication skills
At DreamBox, we are hooked on celebrating diversity & providing an inclusive workplace and it shows throughout our product, brand, and teams. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Thanks for considering DreamBox Learning!