Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Are you a die-hard CRM marketer looking for an opportunity to build out the email marketing function of your dreams? As Toptal’s CRM Marketing Lead, you will mature and scale our email marketing development process, lead the tactical execution of our end-to-end CRM marketing strategy and automate marketing across CRM and email platforms. We are looking for an individual who is ready to make an impact and be seen as the authority and driver on email operations and best practices.
This role requires a deep understanding of CRM strategies as well as the ability to work through a complicated infrastructure with solution-oriented problem solving skills. Someone who has worked with a dual-sided audience across multiple email and CRM platforms would be an asset.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Mature Toptal’s CRM marketing infrastructure, including identifying the right ESP, auditing existing CRM practices, operations and automations, and providing recommendations to enable a sophisticated CRM marketing function.
- Manage all aspects of email marketing including executional planning, targeting, segmentation, frequency/cadence, deployment, prioritization, and performance management including reporting.
- Partner with product, marketing and sales to architect complex, automated user journeys for both our talent and client audiences (e.g. behavioral/triggered emails, SMS, etc.).
- Identify gaps in email communications and identify opportunities for always-on initiatives.
- Set up A/B tests on subject lines, creative, offers, etc. and report on results/learnings.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Meet and work with the Senior Director of Integrated Marketing to understand our strategic marketing plans and aspirations.
- Understand the fundamentals of Toptal and what sets us apart.
- Start to meet with team members within the Integrated Marketing function (brand, talent, enterprise and SMB).
- Gain a deep understanding of the roles and priorities of the team and key stakeholders.
In the first month, expect to:
- Meet with other key partners within the organization (sales, analytics, talent operations, product, creative etc.).
- Integrate yourself into the Integrated Marketing function team.
- Begin audit of existing CRM and email processes and start identifying gaps and opportunities.
- Support team on existing email programs, with an eye towards optimization and automation.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Prepare a recommendation (with cross-functional alignment) for how to stand up the email marketing function and clear next steps for beginning robust execution and automation.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Be fully immersed and familiar with all Toptal processes and tools and establish ways of working for email and CRM.
- Execute multiple projects and initiatives successfully.
In the first year, expect to:
- Be seen as the CRM and email expert within the organization, and someone teams go to for input and guidance.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of CRM marketing experience.
- Ability to develop email campaigns in HTML and CSS environments.
- Strong knowledge of marketing automation, including experience with Hubspot, Marketo and/or Pardot.
- Familiarity with multiple CRM platforms and ESPs, and internal email providers, including Salesforce.
- Understanding of how data from prospects plays a role throughout the reporting funnel. Ability to identify sourced and influenced marketing data from leads in HubSpot.
- Experience with SMS and push.
- Strong analytical skills – comfortable using data to support marketing decisions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.