What is Vue School
Vue School is the 1st learning platform for Vue.js, having trained more than 100.000 web developers around the globe. We take pride in making education available to everyone and we offer a lot of training material for free. We provide several forms of training, mainly video lessons, via our SAAS product. Our teachers are industry leaders, that along with Vue.js, teach other top-notch technologies.
You will be working directly with the product team and our CEO. You will be in charge of all marketing activity, including email and other forms of direct marketing communication, in order to support and achieve new sales and overall customer retention and ARPU targets.
Copywriting and creative messaging:
- Develop copy for all email and direct mail campaigns (writing clear, persuasive, original copy).
- Automate email journeys and behavior-based communications.
- Overseeing campaigns through the production stage to completion.
- Work on several campaigns at once, sometimes under pressure and often to tight deadlines.
- Liaise with internal and external suppliers (design, development, etc).
Database management and segmentation:
- Manipulate customer data into actionable information for customer contact campaigns.
- Support the deployment and administration of email and CRM marketing plans.
- Execute data processing requests for response-marketing purposes, such as counts, de-dupe, raw selections, extracts, etc.
- Help implement email and CRM campaigns using in-house and third-party applications (email broadcast systems).
- Help analyze and profile company’s data, user behavior and trends with a view to maximizing upsell and retention.
- Responsible for CRM campaign development, targeting, delivery, and analysis.
- Ensure that email campaigns and other database marketing activities are deployed on time and to plan.
- Monitoring (analytics, heat maps, funnels, etc).
- Reviewing current pages and optimizing for conversions.
- Contributing in improving the user experience and communication.
- Contributing in planning out new pages.
- Bring in your ideas to help the company grow.
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Outstanding copywriting and creative writing skills.
- 5 years Email Marketing experience in a subscription billing business.
- Strong knowledge in setting up and using Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Strong experience with Liquid or similar template language.
- Demonstrable experience of managing large CRM databases.
- Experience working remotely.
- Experience with B2C marketing.
- Solid understanding of data management and the ability to manipulate data.
- Experience in segmenting customers’ clusters to drive retention and upsell.
- Highly numerate and analytical with a keen eye for detail.
- Highly Effective presentation and communication ability.
- Show flexibility to help with different areas of the marketing operation.
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a technology or education business
- Experience working with or for developers
- Experience with Drip or Customer.io
- Understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience with B2B marketing
- Experience with user behavior analysis tools, like MixPanel or Amplitute
- Favor a learning culture, which constantly reviews and evolves objectively and honestly.
- Able to work independently and set own priorities.
- Able to proactively manage own time and priorities to deliver business goals.
- Able to work within an international and multicultural team.
- Share the core values of excellence, collaboration, innovation, and commercial discipline.
What we offer:
- Work with cutting-edge technologies
- Competitive salary
- Room to work and experiment on your ideas
- Time to study and learn new skills
- Budget for training/equipment/conferences
- Paid time off
- Work with a brand customers love
- Remote role on a long-term contract
Vue School is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Do you want to join our team as our new Database Marketing Specialist - Remote? Then we'd love to hear about you!