Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. Being Virtual First also means the location of our employees is targeted but flexible. If “Location Flexible” is listed in the job title of a role, the role can be located in any of the states where Dropbox is authorized to do business.** Some roles (including those which do not have “Location Flexible” in the job title), however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences.
**Dropbox is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Dropbox is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Dropbox is registered.
Dropbox is one place to keep life organized and keep work moving. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has offices around the world. For more information on our mission and products, visit dropbox.com.
Our Product team advocates for our users and our business, setting the vision for our growing family of products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work. As we scale globally, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world in team that always focuses on we, not I, and creates delightful products that are worthy of trust.
We're looking for a Data Scientist to partner with our platform team and growth product teams to answer key questions about how to grow revenue, scale and monetize the business, and launch high-impact initiatives. We solve challenging problems and boost business growth through a deep understanding of user behaviors with applied analytics techniques and business insights. An ideal candidate should have robust knowledge of consumer lifecycle and behavior analysis, customer segmentation, digital campaigns, monetization analytics and business operations for a SaaS company.
- You will develop a deep understanding of customer journey phases and key business metrics
- You will perform analytical deep-dives to analyze problems and opportunities, identify the hypothesis and design & execute experiments
- You will inform future experimentation design and roadmaps by performing exploratory analysis to understand user engagement behavior and derive insights
- You will create personalized segmentation strategies leveraging propensity models to enable targeting of offers and experiences based on user attributes
- You will identify key trends and build executive-facing dashboards to track the progress of acquisition, monetization, and engagement trends.
- You will extract actionable insights through analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional customer behavior data sets
- You will translate complex concepts into implications for the business via excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- You will understand what matters most and prioritize ruthlessly
- You will work with cross-functional teams (including Data Science, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Design, User Research, and senior executives) to rapidly execute and iterate
- Bachelors’ or above in quantitative discipline: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 3-5 years experience using analytics/data science to drive key business decisions; examples include business/product/marketing analytics, business intelligence, strategy consulting
- Proven track record of being able to work independently and proactively engage with business stakeholders with minimal direction
- Significant experience with SQL and large unstructured datasets such as Hadoop
- Proficiency in programming/scripting and knowledge of statistical packages like R or Python is a plus
- Deep understanding of statistical analysis, experimentation design, and common analytical techniques like regression, decision trees
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company contribution toward individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)