*When I Work is a remote first company. While we have an office in Minneapolis, we are considering this a nationwide search. Due to the pandemic, our office is closed for now. However, if an onsite location is important to you in your search, you are welcome to work from our Minneapolis HQ once our offices re-open.
Who We Are
We help hourly teams get shift done.
At When I Work, everything we do starts with a mission to help hourly teams work better together. We deliver on that mission by making every piece of hourly workforce management - scheduling, time tracking, shift trading, team messaging, and more - easy and straightforward for managers and employees alike.
The marketing team at When I Work is at the core of how our customers find us and why they buy our products. When you join this team, you are joining a group of dynamic, creative, and innovative professionals who like to have fun at work while also challenging and supporting each other in a highly functional team. You will get a best-in-class marketing experience using innovative marketing strategies and tools
What You’ll Do
As a Demand Generation Manager you will have ownership of one or more paid acquisition channels in the When I Work demand generation engine. You will support the Demand Generation Principal with development and maintenance of marketing campaigns across paid search, affiliate marketing, paid social, as well as other channels as needed. As channel owner, you will be responsible for monitoring daily performance, gathering actionable insights from large quantities of data, and helping to optimize millions of dollars in marketing budget. In addition to working to improve When I Work’s core marketing motions, you will work closely with the When I Work data team to perform analysis, create and maintain reports, and improve the marketing data infrastructure. Below are a few examples of what you’ll be responsible for:
- Daily and weekly pacing, reporting, and performance optimization across your owned digital channels
- Monitoring metrics for anomalies and identifying trends in performance data
- Creating and maintaining reporting dashboards encompassing key performance indicators and data visualizations
- Working with the marketing team as well as cross-functionally to identify opportunities and develop new initiatives
- Developing and executing test-and-learn experiments in order to optimize performance across marketing disciplines
- Digging into large quantities of data and pulling out actionable insights in order to improve performance and help drive strategic decisions
- Ensuring that marketing campaigns are trackable and measurable from conception to execution
Who You Are
You are a demand generation specialist who is used to working in a fast-paced environment and has hands-on experience driving action through paid digital channels. You are capable of synthesizing large amounts of data from multiple sources and understanding it in order to communicate insights and make strategic decisions. You have a passion for marketing and understand the value of clear communication to drive action, while also being data-minded and comfortable with mathematical concepts. You are able to work independently with little oversight while still being team-focused and able to be collaborative and take constructive feedback.
Experience and Skills Needed
- 3+ years hands-on experience in paid search or paid social channels, with a strong emphasis on paid search.
- Experience in Google Ads Manager is required.
- Personally owned the success of an online advertising program
- Proven ability to analyze large datasets and identify needle-moving opportunities
- Aptitude and determination to solve complex problems through analysis and creative thinking
- Advanced-level proficiency in Google Analytics & Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience in Google Data Studio, Tableau, or another data visualization tool is preferred
- Experience in as many as possible of the following is nice to have: Facebook Ads Manager, LinkedIn Ads Manager, Snapchat Ads, any display advertising platform (e.g. AdRoll, Criteo, StackAdapt, etc)
- Hands-on experience working with a database is preferred
What Would Be Awesome To Have
- Familiarity with SQL and experience using it to create queries
- Familiarity with Python
- Experience or an understanding of B2B marketing principles
- Experience with SaaS or lead-based business model
What’s In It For You
- Employee Stock Options
- Professional development allowance
- Paid parental leave
- Medical benefits - employee premiums paid 100% by When I Work
- Dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- 401K Match
- Remote first culture including home office set-up stipend and ongoing telecommuter stipend
- Casual dress code
- Dynamic and dedicated team
We believe actions speak louder than words. Every encounter with our people and products should be memorable and helpful. Challenges are exciting, failure is how we learn, and we all have an entrepreneurial spirit. Building an inclusive and equitable workplace isn’t lip service. We invest our time and our money in organizations that are not only working to diversify the current jobscape, but also investing in the future of talent. We’re motivated by a strong, innovative, and passionate work culture and we’re constantly searching for ways to improve and get shift done.
Whether you’re a perfect match or not, if it sounds like a good fit, we encourage you to apply.
The tech industry is notorious for its lack of diverse representation, and we're aware of the research showing that historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job if they don't believe that they meet all of the criteria. Are you hesitant to submit an application because you're not sure if you check every box? Apply anyway! We would love to hear from you and figure out what you can add to the culture here at When I Work.
We’d love to talk to you! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position).
- Cover letter including:
- an overview of your existing experience
- a convincing reason why you’d like to work at When I Work.
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.