Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. Hims & Hers connects consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to primary care, mental health, sexual health, skincare, and more. Launched in November 2017, the platform also offers thoughtfully created and curated health and wellness products. With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers’ mission is to make it easier for all Americans to access affordable care and treatment for conditions that impact their daily lives. In January 2021, the company was listed on the NYSE at an initial valuation of $1.6 billion and is traded under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about our brand and offerings, you can visit forhims.com and forhers.com.
The Director of Corporate Communications will be a key member of Hims & Hers communication team, reporting directly to the VP of Communications. The Director will be responsible for managing and executing communications relating to Hims & Hers corporate story, partnering closely with the CEO and CFO as well as finance, legal and strategy functions.
- Build strategic narratives that increase appreciation for Hims & Hers’ unique business model, targeting business press, financial press, and ultimately investor and analyst community
- Develop and drive communications efforts spanning financial reporting, business initiatives, corporate social responsibility and executive communications, identifying key issues, messaging to external stakeholders and opportunities for Hims & Hers
- Develop a range of communication materials including messaging, scripts, press releases and media statements in partnership with stakeholders internally and externally
- Work closely with CEO, CFO, COO, and VP Investor Relations to shape the narrative showcasing Hims & Hers for key financial audiences and business influencers
- Regularly engage with business/financial media and other external stakeholders
- Act as a strategic advisor through crises, driving the company towards effective communications strategies and flawless execution
- Support internal communications with strategy and execution of financial updates and support rollout and update of key internal documents and communication to employees
Experience & Skills:
- At least 10 years of experience in corporate communications, financial and crisis communications with significant experience in fast-paced, consumer-facing companies, ideally for in-house teams
- Proven track record of building and advancing groundbreaking narratives demonstrating strong business momentum
- Outstanding and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage crisis situations as well reduce risk through effective preparation
- Experience executing media campaigns, building relationships with media and working with executives
- Deep track record working through complex and highly dynamic organizations
- Outstanding writing and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to see the bigger picture and use creativity to innovate in the new media landscape
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.