Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was ten years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and the businesses that will power tomorrow’s economy. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2021.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and other emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of software development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative, and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: Andelans pursue the best possible outcome and deliver it. They are relentless in raising the bar.
- Passion: Andelans relentlessly solve for the needs of our customers - both clients and talent.
- Integrity: Out teams start with trust and own our outcomes. We know that mistakes inevitably happen, and when they occur, they're flagged early to be solved as a team.
- Collaboration: We step up and step out for our fellow Andelan, when necessary, and realize that our sum is greater than their parts.
We are looking for a Director of Marketplace Growth to join our team. You’ll design and execute on partnership strategies and new product launch strategies with the goal to contribute to the strategic product and service offering of the company and expand our overall set of marketplace offerings and channels.
- Working closely with our Sales, Product Marketing, Product and Talent Operations teams to identify gaps in our product offering and build new product lines and marketplace offerings through partnerships with a variety of players: remote work platforms, saas providers, international business service providers, payroll companies, VC firms, Private Equity firms, staff augmentation firms and other business partners
- You will own both the strategy and the execution of this entire function
- Define our ideal partner profile, conduct in-depth market research, and establish key metrics and parameters for partner selection and prioritization
- Leverage industry contacts for strategic intelligence and assess the viability of potential business partnerships
- Develop and present business cases in support of partnership proposals
- Lead diligence and develop deal structures, negotiate terms, plan integration, and collaborate with cross-functional leaders on bringing to market partnership-driven solutions
- Work closely with the product org to evaluate and test new product ideas
- You have 10+ years of experience in strategy consulting, or a comparable role in the software engineering or remote working space
- You are comfortable making decisions with imperfect information and thrive in “whitespace” environments
- You have the ability to network inside and outside the company to obtain the resources and information you need to drive an initiative
- You are resourceful and scrappy when necessary
- You have a proven track record for driving results by working well across teams and with external partners to solve hard problems and rally others around execution; you are a model for intra-company collaboration
- Project management comes naturally to you
- You understand markets, competition, and how to leverage core competencies to create defensible strategies
- You have a passion for talent marketplaces and remote work
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Unlimited paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!