Director of Developer Marketing
At HubSpot, we aim to help millions of companies grow better by becoming the #1 CRM platform for scaling companies. As we expand our platform to provide solutions for operations and developers to build and customize on the HubSpot platform, we’re looking for a leader to help us craft a marketing strategy that speaks to those professionals.
As Director of Developer Marketing, you will lead the team responsible for the positioning, messaging, and launch strategy for HubSpot’s new products (“hubs”) as well as a team responsible for marketing to our developer audiences.
This is a highly cross-functional role in which you’ll get to work closely with each product general manager, the product team, marketing, sales, services and support globally. You’ll also work with HubSpot’s founders and executive team to bring the product message to main stages like HubSpot’s annual INBOUND event.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Help us craft and differentiate our marketing approach to professionals that build and customize on the HubSpot CRM platform. This could include operations professionals, web or app developers and more
- Orchestrate large scale launches, working with the broader marketing team to build strong, vibrant communities of developers around the HubSpot platform
- Help us evolve our positioning and messaging from being more focused on individual products for small businesses to a CRM platform for scaling businesses
- Lead a team of product and solutions marketers both managers and individual contributors
- Collaborate closely with market research and competitive intelligence to define and evolve the way we position our products in the market
- Coordinate with recruiting and internal teams to recruit, hire, and train new team members
- Serve as a coach and a leader, helping to develop the skills of your team so they are able to achieve their career goals
- Manage day-to-day operations, goal setting, career development, performance management, and growth of team members
We are looking for people who:
- Have experience working for or with technical audiences either as a developer themselves or in a developer marketing role
- Are skilled storytellers able to develop a compelling, differentiated and memorable narrative for any product, and coach others to do the same
- Can interpret usage data or market research to make decisions and to support compelling storytelling
- Excel at working across teams, harnessing disparate motivations to achieve a shared goal
- Have experience developing a team of direct and indirect reports of varying career levels
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.