(Open to remote, must be based in USA)
OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Zuora’s vision is The World Subscribed. Our mission is to empower the best companies in the world to win.
There is a massive shift in the global economy. Up to 77% of people worldwide want to own fewer things and subscribe to more services. It’s the end of ownership and the rise of usership. Usership has not only created a better world, it has transformed whole industries from technology, to manufacturing, media & entertainment, banking, and even government.
Zuora has paved the path to success for over 1,000 of the best companies in the Subscription Economy™. We coined the term Subscription Economy™, wrote the best-selling book on it, and defined what the greatest sales deck ever should look like.
We’ve set the foundation with our vision and gone from startup to global public company – but relative to the opportunity ahead, we’re still in the early innings. To realize our potential, we need to continue translating this vision into differentiated, compelling, and innovative value propositions, that help us reach new prospects and do more with our existing customers.
The best and largest companies in the world are now beginning to switch to subscription business models, and the opportunity is to create a path for them to find success with Zuora. But the path isn’t obvious. The playbook that worked for SaaS companies the last decade doesn’t align with how companies in other industries actually behave in 2021; with how complex multi-billion dollar companies rethink their core approach to doing business.
We’re looking for a leader with a deep understanding of how to translate enterprise software technologies into compelling value propositions that help us build awareness, create demand, and win opportunities. This individual will own the messaging and competitive positioning for our product portfolio, providing valuable content and actionable insights to the Field, the Products organization, Marketing, and other stakeholders.
Translate knowledge of Zuora’s technology and our market into competitive insights and compelling, differentiated positioning for the Zuora product portfolio as a whole.
The primary success metric for this role will be the overall Zuora revenue and win rate.
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE
Articulate positioning and messaging for the Zuora product portfolio
- Identify the target audiences and develop a deep understanding of their needs, priorities, and challenges
- Determine Zuora’s differentiated positioning relevant for the target audiences and work with our horizontal and vertical teams to apply it to various target segments
- Craft clear and concise messaging and write compelling narratives that convey battle-tested messages backed by relevant data and research
Understand Zuora product portfolio to determine and message competitive strengths
- Develop a strong understanding of Zuora’s products, their capabilities, and competitive strengths
- Work closely with the Products and Services organization to understand our products, services, strategy, and roadmap in order to create impactful and differentiated messaging
- Determine our products’ strengths and weaknesses for respective target markets and apply them to messaging for sales
- Work with Sales to understand their success and challenges in various markets, use cases, and sales plays to keep iterating and improving competitive messaging and positioning
Develop a deep understanding of Zuora’s market and ecosystem
- Understand customer segments, including their business needs, challenges, and use cases
- Establish a good understanding of Zuora’s competitive landscape, including strengths and weaknesses of key competitors
- Develop strong knowledge about the Zuora ecosystem, including partners such as system integrators and ISVs, and other systems and applications that customers integrate with
Become a story-teller with impact
- Create sales decks and other content to reflect our our portfolio messaging and positioning
- Work on keynotes and breakout sessions for executives to deliver our portfolio message at events
- Create training content for sales to build confidence in speaking to our product portfolio and competitive strengths
- Speak to customers, sales, partners, and analysts to keep refining, validating, and iterating on our messaging used in our content
Increase Zuora’s win rate
- Position competitors to expose their shortcomings
- Create impactful competitive tools for Sales
- Render deal assistance to account executives by providing subject matter expertise for opportunities
Analyze market activity and determine its impact on Zuora’s positioning
- Monitor market events such as competitor's announcements and key trends
- Develop a point of view on key industry trends relevant to Zuora
- Articulate the best positioning that enables Sales to put Zuora in the most favorable position
- Results and Productivity: Gets results, accomplishes objectives, and sees projects to completion
- Building Virtual Teams: Models and encourages teamwork by fostering cooperation, communication, trust, shared goals with or without management authority
- Planning, Prioritizing, and Maintaining Focus: Establishes short-term goals, clarifies roles and responsibilities, sets priorities and milestones, and is not distracted by unimportant details or activities
- Agent of Change: Challenges the status quo, supports fresh perspectives, tries out new approaches, and enlists support for change initiatives
- Building Partnerships: Works effectively with other groups and functions, shares information across the enterprise, and considers the impact of decisions on other departments and groups
- Judgment and Reasoning: Effectively analyzes problems, identifies core issues, exercises common sense, sees critical connections and ramifications, and weighs alternatives
- 10-15 years with a mix of practical experience in competitive intelligence, product marketing, product management, or sales engineering at an enterprise technology company
- Technical aptitude is a must. Ability to understand the products and to synthesize the intelligence into actionable insights and positioning
- Domain expertise in FinTech, ERP, or similar enterprise application software with a multi-product portfolio is a plus
- Proven track record of crafting compelling customer-facing messaging, presentations, and content assets
- Passion for understanding customers/buyer pains and needs, and can align the organization to address them
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence to drive execution of a strategy in a global organization with conflicting priorities
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong skills in communication, presenting, writing and ability to work well cross-functionally
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR “ZEO” CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the ‘ZEO’ of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with “career cash” and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.