< See all openings Our product is unique in that it’s highly customizable - it can be used for use cases ranging from very simple to highly complex. We're looking for an Email Marketing Manager to manage our email program - a key driver for new and prospective users, onboarding, and community engagement. As part of our Creative team, the ideal candidate is not only highly organized and results-driven but is obsessed with making and delivering the right content to the right people at the right time. You’ll deeply understand our different customer segments and partner with the ClickUp blog team and broader Creative & Marketing team, playing a critical role in strategizing, developing, and delivering ClickUp content.
You thrive on making the complicated simple, telling human stories with empathy, and creating emails that motivate actions. We are looking for someone with a proven track record in email marketing that is detail-oriented while also highly creative and flexible. You will ground your work in analytics and best practices and have an eye for converting readers and optimizing business growth. This is a San Diego-based position.
- - Lead planning and oversee execution for ClickUp's email content calendar.
- - Help grow ClickUp's unique voice in email while creating guidelines and guardrails for how to communicate to our new and prospective customers and users.
- - Contribute ideas for new email content, attend brainstorms, kick-offs, and team meetings
- - Create personalized, dynamic, email campaigns to support our overall company goals and in alignment with our creative, media, product, sales, and marketing strategies.
- - Analyze and report on email performance, using both quantitative and qualitative analysis to draw insights for optimization. Present reports to department leads and executives.
- - Coordinate ongoing onboarding maintenance with Product Marketing Manager to improve user-retention.
- - Suggest and implement regular testing in day-to-day email cadence.
- - Build and optimize segmentation and email content personalization strategies by leveraging user behavior and activity data.
- - Review and QA all emails.
- - Develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of our product, including regular feature additions and updates, in order to provide relevant and timely email campaigns.
- - Set and deliver against key engagement and revenue goals while ensuring email content is aligned with our brand and department goals.
- - Increase our Newsletter output and create segmented content by industry.
- - 3+ years of hands-on email marketing experience, ideally in tech, SaaS, b2b, or direct-to-consumer brand.
- - Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, getting input from cross-functional partners, and putting plans into action.
- - Experience in lifecycle marketing with the ability to turn prospects into users and uses into brand evangelists.
- - Excellent copywriting skills and a keen visual sense with an obsessiveness for detail.
- - High proficiency in marketing automation technology and ESPs.
- - Direct experience with HTML and responsive email templates.
- - Solid understanding of email fundamentals: CAN-SPAM, list management, deliverability, segmentation, KPIs.
- - Experience with email marketing software or automation such as MailChimp, Pardot, Sendgrid, or Intercom.
- - Strong organizational and project management skills.
- - Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and creatively demanding environment, with the ability to manage many projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- - A positive attitude and a great sense of humor.
- - Background creating onboarding flows specific to industry segments.
- - Experience using Litmus to build and test emails.
- - Familiarity with the ins and outs of Drip marketing automation software.
- - Design-eye for new formatting approaches.