At Zendesk, our award winning Product Marketers drive product messaging and positioning, campaigns, enablement and go-to-market strategy. We take complicated problems and distill them into simple solutions and stories.
With the launch of Zendesk Sell, our new Sales CRM for sales teams, we are looking for a Group Product Marketing Manager to help build the product marketing function for sales buyers. An outstanding candidate will understand how to speak to sales leaders, have experience owning a program and/or product marketing for a sales-focused B2B product, and wear multiple hats working across several products to launch a new business function at Zendesk!
Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, this role is responsible for defining and implementing a go-to-market plan to help attract new sales buyers, engage with Sell marketplace partners, and drive mass adoption of Sell. You'll mentor one direct report with exciting opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking a dynamic, high-visibility role and passionate about a strategic new segment of business for Zendesk, let’s talk!
What you’ll do:
- Develop and evolve our sales + support narrative; communicate it to the market, analysts, and internally.
- Define and implement a GTM strategy to attract new sales CRM buyers and drive adoption of Zendesk Sell
- Partner closely with Product and Sales teams to develop value-oriented messaging and content that resonates with sales crm buyers
- Identify and execute cross-sell programs to other Zendesk customers who are not yet using Sell.
- Collaborate with competitive intelligence team to build vendor profiles, battlecards and analyze product differentiation
- Partner with integrated Marketing teams to develop campaigns to reach sales CRM buyers and produce webinars to be used in campaigns
- Coordinate with Regional Marketing teams to execute regional sales leader events in cities with global reach
- Interact with analysts and contribute to analyst reports focused on Sales Force Automation
- Serve as a liaison between the sales buyer and Product, Sales and Customer Advocacy teams, helping to optimize the Sell buying experience
- Collaborate with sales leadership to gain an understanding of the challenges they are facing and how Sell can address these challenges
This role requires:
- 6+ years in a product marketing, product management, or a similar marketing role preferably in B2B SaaS
- Strong copy skills and ability to clearly communicate
- Familiarity with sales CRM, Salesforce and other sales products in the market
- Someone who is eager to market to a new audience for Zendesk and represent Sell in the sales community
- Ability to hold authentic conversations with sales leaders on topics such as out-bounding strategy, closing tactics, product negotiation and pipeline fundamentals
- Organized with proven experience in taking a strategic approach to GTM launches
- Ability to work autonomously in a startup-like environment to align stakeholders and execute with business partners
Nice to haves:
- Experience crafting content for a sales audience like tutorial videos, guides, and blog posts
- Master storyteller who is able to craft and deliver a compelling story to the market
- Growth approach demeanor, MBA is a plus
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.