Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is looking for a results-oriented Growth Marketing Manager to lead our consumer lifecycle through email, push notifications, and in-app messaging!
This role will be focused on crafting and executing cross-channel marketing programs that educate users about key Affirm products, surface the outstanding (and relevant) merchants we partner with, and nurture them towards higher levels of engagement! The ideal candidate should have proven success building and running a variety of lifecycle/retention marketing programs, an entrepreneurial demeanor, and strong analytical skills.
This is a very cross-functional role, working closely with Analytics, Product, Business, Product Marketing, Credit, Design, Marketing Operations, Data Science, and Legal teams.
What you’ll do
- Build email and notification programs that support the lifecycle marketing strategy for Affirm’s users, including onboarding, engagement, and retention programs
- Drive experimentation agenda and roadmap for consumer growth marketing efforts across owned channels, including email, push notifications and in-app messaging.
- Report on program performance against top-line business critical metrics including activating first-time users, growing repeat users, and reducing churn
- Build programs that optimize for user segmentation and content personalization strategies by using user attributes, behavior, and preference
- Identify key drivers of engagement and churn in partnership with Analytics, from supervising performance data to identifying meaningful insights
- Work with Marketing Operations to build and execute campaigns across channels
- Collaborate with Creative and go-to-market functions to ensure that we are driving performance while powerfully communicating our brand and product through relevant, engaging content
- Partner with Analytics, Data Engineering, and Data Science teams to increase campaign performance through better tooling, automation, and personalization.
What we look for
- 6+ years experience in developing lifecycle marketing programs across owned channels including email, push notifications, and/or in-app marketing.
- Strong analytical skills, understanding of A/B testing and holdout test methodologies, ability to draw conclusions from data and take action accordingly
- Demonstrated project management experience with ability to indirectly manage and build consensus across diverse teams, including creative and analytics
- Entrepreneurial spirit to build growth marketing strategy and operations from scratch, with defined views on testing and learning
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, specifically with product, engineering, client success, and creative teams
- Experience with consumer finance, mobile apps, or payments is a plus
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here
and our progress thus far in our 2019 D&I report
We also believe “It’s On Us” to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.