Warranties shouldn't be complicated or expensive. That's why we exist. Upsie is transforming the way consumers purchase protection for their electronic devices by providing an easier, quicker, and more affordable warranty solution by going straight to the end consumer. We’re a startup in explosive growth mode and are looking for our first dedicated Growth Product Manager to help more customers get through the learning and conversion process.
You’ll be able to touch work on every product management discipline including hypothesis formation, qualitative & quantitative testing, design backlog management, acceptance testing, and post-launch evaluation. Initially, you’ll focus on improving Upsie’s e-commerce experience to encourage more people to trust Upsie to protect their electronics.
We want you to apply if you’re from an underrepresented group in technology. We really want you to apply if you’ve been a designer or frontend developer who’s interested in a product growth role.
All employees must live and work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze & optimize the consumer journey for conversion rate, retention rate, and repeat rate to help us grow to $100M in revenue and beyond
- Create hypothesis and communicate possible solutions visually including mockups, wireframes, or prototypes to more clearly communicate internally and test with customers
- Collaborate with all the internal teams to bring your experiments & features to production
- Define your features and work closely with the engineering team to bring to scale in production
- Contribute and shape our company culture by bringing your whole self to work
Required Skills and Qualities
- At least 3 years of experience as a product manager or product designer/front end engineer looking to move into product management. You must have worked on customer-facing funnel optimization.
- Organized: You’ll be working with customers, members of our growth team, contractors, engineers, and our VP of Product. You’ll need to be organized to drive forward your experiments & feature improvements
- Empathetic: You can step into the shoes of the person you’re talking with to understand how best to get through to them.
- Authentic: You bring your whole self to work and are self confident to state when and why you made a mistake.
- Analytical: You can look at data to guide you toward decision making but are comfortable taking risks when the data is muddled
- Design Focused: You’ve got a great design eye and can apply that to our customers challenges
- Efficient: We’ve got a lot of work and a long way to go to win our industry. You’ll need to efficiently move down your priority list to keep our teams move quickly.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Health insurance
- Ownership and growth - we’ll be growing rapidly over the next few years with lots of ownership opportunity
- Work from wherever - when it’s safe we’ll fly everyone to be together a few times a year
About our Culture
- We'll drop everything to help out a customer
- No ping pong tables, free beer or fitness centers - unless you've got one in your WFH setup!
- Flexible hours: We have one morning for team & company meetings and the rest is work time.
- Everyone respects and is kind to one another. Feedback is welcome, jerks are not.
- We believe in life outside of the company, just get your work done while you’re working
- Minnesota summers are short. We have half day Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day