Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. Hims & Hers connects consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to primary care, mental health, sexual health, skincare, and more. Launched in November 2017, the platform also offers thoughtfully created and curated health and wellness products. With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers’ mission is to make it easier for all Americans to access affordable care and treatment for conditions that impact their daily lives. In January 2021, the company was listed on the NYSE at an initial valuation of $1.6 billion and is traded under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about our brand and offerings, you can visit forhims.com and forhers.com.
The VP significantly influences Hims & Hers brand positioning and overall reputation in the marketplace. The position supports the company’s success by directly building and maintaining relationships with key journalists, editors and influential opinion leaders. The position also plays a key role in protecting the company from reputational risk.
- Be an inspiring storyteller, working closely with the CEO and executive team to set a proactive PR and corporate communications agenda across new and emerging channels
- Build and lead a best-in-class Communications team that supports the company’s business objectives and advances Hims & Hers image and reputation across a broad range of external audiences
- Build high-level contacts before a wide variety of stakeholders that shape public opinion, including media, editors, influential third parties, trade associations, and other affiliated non-industry groups. This includes focusing on media, bloggers, and public facing audiences; managing long-term relationships with press contacts
- Develop innovative programs that grow Hims & Hers visibility, connection and credibility with key audiences. This includes supporting ongoing marketing programs as well as strategic partnerships and other brand building initiatives
- Serve as the company’s chief spokesperson, particularly in crises or on highly sensitive issues where the company’s image and reputation are at significant risk
- Advise senior management, the CEO, and the Board on a broad range of opportunities and issues associated with communications and messaging
- Use quantitative/qualitative insights to drive decisions, measure success and encourage positive change within the organization
Experience & Skills:
- At least 15 years of experience in corporate communications and/or public relations, with significant experience in fast-paced, consumer-facing companies. Digital health or healthcare experience preferred
- Significant experience in senior leadership roles driving forward a proactive external and internal communications agenda, ideally within the technology, medical sectors and/or a highly regulated industry. This includes a proven track record of building and advancing groundbreaking narratives
- A reputation and track record of being energetic, innovative, enthusiastic, and agile. Willingness and ability to act as a change agent and offer opinions and judgments
- A passion for the Hims & Hers brand and excitement to build a brand across multiple categories
- Outstanding and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage crisis communications as well as reducing risk through effective scenario planning and preparation
- Strong track record of experience using non-traditional communications channels to build reputation
- Experience in highly regulated industries; fluency with public policy and government affairs
- Ability to partner effectively with external resources, but also roll up the sleeves and dig into details
- A highly collaborative, flexible and adaptable style, with strong diplomatic and influencing skills
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.