We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
What will your destination look like at FLYR?
The Head of Marketing must arrive prepared to build out a world-class marketing function and be ready to roll-up his or her sleeves and do the hard work. (until we expand the team on top of the foundation you help create).
He or she should have considerable senior leadership experience in marketing and sales management thorough knowledge and experience of marketing principles, product or service management, demand creation/business development, and brand management across all media; and a demonstrated track record of success and performance.
The Head of Marketing will be responsible for brand development, public relations/influencer management, demand creation, social media, product marketing, event strategy, and content creation.
This position requires the ability to understand changing market dynamics, translate them into actionable strategy and implement the strategy to achieve company objectives.
The role will work as part of a dynamic crew, including tight interlock and collaboration with senior leadership, product teams, sales, customer success, engineering, HR, and finance.
What should you pack for this trip?
- Minimum 15 years of recent B2B marketing experience and has successfully navigated organizational growth from start-up to a full-scale marketing function. Experience attracting, hiring, and retaining exceptional global marketing talent.
- Brand management for B2B organizations, including growing and developing a new brand; ability to demonstrate the brand’s role in the market ecosystem, extending current brands into new markets, managing brands through acquisition and developing new brands if needed.
- Experience in leading / building marketing operations to develop and operationalize marketing measurements, including the demonstration of marketing’s value and how the information was used for tactical and strategic decision making.
- Has experience building a social media presence and developed social media programs.
- Proven ability to tie demand creation efforts directly to sales pipeline, including inbound marketing, direct response marketing, lead nurturing.
- Experience running global marketing programs that take country and region-specific considerations into account.
- History of building marketing programs that serve various routes to marketBachelor's degree in business administration or related field required; MBA preferred
- MBA preferred
- B2B marketing experience in transportation or travel-related industries
Ticket Prices, Frequent FLYR miles and more:
- Equity in Series B startup with high growth potential
- Comprehensive healthcare plans (Choice of PPO & HMO available)
- Generous PTO policy and flexible working arrangements
- 401K with company matching
- Weekly catered lunch and team lunches/outings
- Dog-friendly office environments
- Flexible working (remote eligible)
- Initial Screen - Active candidates are screened against the criteria listed above
- Introductory Call - A FLYR team member will reach out for an initial call to learn more about each other.
-Hiring Manager Call - The hiring manager will then speak with the candidate further about the role & the candidate’s skills
- Skills Challenge - An opportunity to show off their talents! Candidates are asked to complete a short work prompt that assesses the skills that relate to the role they have applied for.
- Onsite/Virtual Onsite - A series of meetings with the hiring team/team members to finalize our evaluation of each candidate.
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus™, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we've shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won't find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.