Who We Are:
Vistaprint’s Customer Experience and Marketing organization serves, inspires and delights customers – and helps others in our organization do the same. From the simplest interaction on our website to how people take in our advertising and communications, we are obsessed with delivering value. We know our customers’ needs and we strive to exceed their expectations. Touching every element of the business, we’re here to grow and build the Vistaprint brand, reach new audiences and offer the best possible experience for every customer.
This key role, reporting to our VP of Brand, will be responsible for our PR strategy and execution in service of establishing Vistaprint as the marketing and design partner for small businesses. Specifically, you will be tasked with defining how we leverage earned channels to establish Vistaprint as a Marketing and Design expert and thought-leader for small businesses, designers and consumers alike.
As we continue to scale, we are looking for a talented leader with a passion for storytelling, a strong network of media contacts / relationships, and a proven ability to drive strong results on Brand KPI’s. The ideal leader will have significant experience building a best-in-class PR engine in a matrixed, global organization.
What You Will Do:
- Continue to elevate the PR strategic practice within Vistaprint, including championing growth and development of our existing team and helping to grow processes, skillsets and capabilities, such as corporate communications, proactive long-term pitching, and local and trade PR.
- Partner with local + global PR agencies around the world in key markets to help position Vistaprint on both short-term and long-term basis.
- Craft a robust PR strategy and vision inclusive of what stories we are prioritizing, how we leverage earned channels for both evergreen and campaign-specific strategies, and how we combine both internal and external resources to maximize impact.
- Create evergreen programs for Vistaprint as a visible advocate for Small Businesses and Designers / Creators by utilizing such levers as 99designs by Vistaprint.
- Collaborate with Go-To-Market, Integrated Media / Partnerships and Creative teams to define the role of PR in achieving both evergreen and campaign-specific objectives, and inform decision-making regarding key stories to tell across Marketing channels.
- Develop key members of Vistaprint’s senior leadership into the spokespeople for the industry by building their social presence, media engagement preparedness, and thought leadership; own outward-facing Executive Communications and Thought-Leadership opportunities, including conference activations and speaking engagements, interviews, feature quotes, etc.
- Collaborate with the Cimpress Communications team to represent the Vistaprint story as part of the overall Cimpress narrative.
- Develop PR performance and insights analysis in partnership with CCI and DnA to inform optimization opportunities.
- 10+ years leading PR / Communications for a global brand.
- Fantastic network of international media contacts.
- Experience managing a growing, international internal team and leading external global agencies as-needed.
- Track record of effectively partnering with executives and agencies.
- Ability to communicate strategy effectively to colleagues and leadership.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; ability to effectively interface and influence at all levels
- Personal passion for and interest in small businesses.
Why You'll Love Working Here:
Being at Vistaprint means that you don’t see work as just a building, a desk or a manufacturing floor. You see it as a chance to take a step forward in your career journey – and your life. We strive to give you everything you need to learn, grow, and succeed. Through innovation, collaboration, and perpetual exposure to what’s next, we’re always pushing boundaries and broadening our horizons. We embrace the chance to operate outside of our comfort zone to discover what we’re capable of. Some might call that a challenge; we just call it another great day at work.
In 2020, Vistaprint adopted a Remote-First operating model and culture. We heard from our team members that having the freedom, autonomy and trust in each other to work from home and, the ability to operate when they are most productive, empowers everyone to be their best and most brilliant self. Vistaprint also provides collaboration spaces for team members to work physically together when it's safe to do so or believe in office working will deliver the best results. Currently we are enabled to hire remote team members in over 20 US States as well as several countries in Europe: Spain, Germany, UK, Czech Republic, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vistaprint is a dynamic organization that maintains an exciting, entrepreneurial culture. With founder Robert Keane’s return as CEO, we’ve renewed our focus on empowering and helping small businesses. To do this, we create customer value (and delight) through accessible, cutting-edge technology. We thrive on providing opportunities for exploration, collaboration, innovation and growth – for both our customers and our team.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.