Technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. At Cisco Meraki, we believe that by embracing an incredibly extensible and innovative software platform that simplifies the ever-increasing complexity of IT and business, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. Do you share our belief?
Audience Marketing sits at the intersection between the Meraki Platform and our customers and partners. Audience Marketers provide strategic guidance and support our overall marketing efforts, driving maximum impact for those efforts by ensuring marketing output resonates effectively with those it’s intended to reach.
Our team is growing, and we’re now looking to hire our first Head of Private Sector in the Audience Marketing team! This is a ‘player/coach’ role, leading a small team and also taking on responsibility of audience strategy for our smaller customers. Consequently this will be a great opportunity for someone looking to apply their leadership experience, while directly contributing to the outcomes and success of the team.
Success in this role will be based on an ability to balance motivating, nurturing and representing the Private Sector team, together with driving Audience Marketing for our small and micro sized customers. In doing so you will focus on capturing attention – with internal stakeholders and customer prospects – driving traffic to marketing assets, maintaining engagement, cultivating impressions, building influence, reducing churn, and helping Meraki Marketing win and retain customers by winning hearts and minds.
Candidates for this role should be – first and foremost – customer obsessed, with a passion for the relentless pursuit of better customer experiences using Meraki technology. The role will reward those who are organized, imaginative, creative, collaborative, adaptable, self-motivated, and strategic in their thinking!
What you'll do
- Lead a small team of two Audience Marketing Managers who cover all focus market verticals in the private sector, for midmarket to enterprise customer segments.
- Maintain status of in-flight private sector programs in support of regular program reviews and brainstorms.
- Develop performance metrics that demonstrate contribution and success for the team.
- Maximize team efficiency through the adoption of best practices and looking for potential overlapping messaging between market verticals.
- Work together with other Market Strategy teams to ensure maximum flow of knowledge, and drive collaborative effectiveness.
- Own and drive Audience Marketing for our small and micro sized customers, establishing positioning and working with Integrated Marketing to support campaigns targeted at these customers.
Who You Are
- 7+ years in sales and marketing roles within a Tech B2B organization, including a minimum of 1 year of supervisory/leadership experience
- Experience working with quantitative and qualitative data outputs to make informed decisions
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and creating seamless alignment
- Demonstrable interpersonal, influencing and collaborative experiences
- Knowledge of computer networking technology is beneficial.
- Some travel required to support research
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.