Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. Being Virtual First also means the location of our employees is targeted but flexible. If “Location Flexible” is listed in the job title of a role, the role can be located in any of the states where Dropbox is authorized to do business.** Some roles (including those which do not have “Location Flexible” in the job title), however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences.
**Dropbox is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Dropbox is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Dropbox is registered.
Dropbox is one place to keep life organized and keep work moving. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has offices around the world. For more information on our mission and products, visit dropbox.com.
Our Marketing team sets product positioning and strategy, manages product launches, and gathers customer insights. We’re responsible for maximizing our products' potential, in order to delight our users and help Dropbox grow. We partner with teams across the company, including Product, Sales, and Engineering.
As the Head of Product Marketing for Dropbox Core, you will partner with product, brand and sales teams to build, launch, and grow customer-centric products and solutions in a fast-paced, high-impact environment. Your team’s mission is to create simple 1 → n products that meet customer needs and fuel growth engines for Dropbox.
- Build. Deeply understand the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to our business, products and solutions, always connecting customer insights to roadmap strategy.
- Launch. Bring products to market that prove our unique value, vision and leadership by partnering with cross-functional teams to expand global customer reach and awareness. Deliver best-in-class product education and communications that bridge the gap between customer experience and product development.
- Grow. Develop messaging that demonstrates deep audience understanding to effectively sell solutions, continuing to advocate for our customers, monitoring sentiment, and providing recommendations for new opportunities.
- Guide your team in developing comprehensive GTM strategies and establish product/market fit for new products
- Employ a strategic business mindset to lead market assessments based on customer insight and competitive intelligence
- Set strategic direction for new pricing and packaging approaches across bundles and standalone offerings that maximize business impact
- Become the subject-matter-expert on our target audience, creating segmentation frameworks, buyer personas, prioritizing key jobs-to-be-done for the customer
- Lean into key differentiators and value drivers to drive messaging creation that resonates with each audience at various life-cycle stages
- Guide the team on activating launch programs and scaling accompanying always-on campaign strategies, partnering closely with the head of marketing
- Build a culture of strong customer centricity by grounding strategic decisions in insights and backing those up with testimonials and customer-first content initiatives
- Partner closely with sales and regional marketing leadership to set those teams up for success when leveraging your teams enablement materials
- Drive clear alignment across stakeholder partners including Product, Brand, Marketing, Sales, and more, securing the necessary resources for your team to execute effectively
- Own your role as a strong, senior product advocate internally and externally, across industry events and analyst relations
- Inspire your team with your vision, leading them to deliver best-in-class work leveraging scalable processes, frameworks, and career development resources
- 12+ years of work experience, with 8+ B2B or B2C SaaS product marketing
- 6+ years of experience building, growing and managing high performing teams
- Demonstrated experience scaling products at a multi-product company
- Strong marketing competencies across strategic planning, segmentation, positioning and messaging, content creation, and storytelling
- Experience defining market requirements and assembling customer centric requirements for Product Management teams
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration experience with an ability to manage with influence
- Experience working closely with Product Management, Sales, Engineering, and Communications teams
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, visual), both for internal audiences and customer-facing messaging
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated capabilities interpreting data and qualitative research and distilling it into actionable key takeaways
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company contribution toward individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)