Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. We help developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. In enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced 4x year-over-year revenue growth with zero customer churn, and our $50M Series C from Sequoia has given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven't even heard of code search yet, but once you've used it, you can't live without it--just like Google web search). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Why this job is exciting
Our marketing team is throwing the traditional playbook out the window when it comes to creating obsession-worthy experiences across multiple audiences. That means we’ll be relying less on traditional marketing reporting and forging a path to better understand our influence in the developer community.
As a Marketing Analyst at Sourcegraph, you will report to the Manager of Marketing Operations within the Demand Generation team and be the numbers expert in our group.
You'll own the analysis of all marketing activities across web, social, paid media, email, and search and bring creative ideas to the table when it comes to how we track influential activities like podcast sponsorships. The relationship you establish with our BizOps and data engineer teams will knit marketing, product, and sales data into one holistic picture. We’ll look to you to tell our data story through visualization, reporting, and presentations that steer our growth marketing ship.
Within one month:
- Review your 30/60/90 day onboarding plan with your manager
- Meet with your peers on the marketing, sales, customer, and product teams to understand how their roles align with yours
- Dig into existing reporting to see where benchmarks exist and where we can optimize
- Understand Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager set up in partnership with the BizOps team so we can own from a marketing perspective
Within three months:
- Takeover management of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager from BizOps and be the creator of tags and reports
- Create and publish a standard marketing reporting dashboard for the marketing team to reference based on cross-functional marketing needs
- Continuously audit and validate reporting dashboards and tools to ensure sustainability
- Establish an intake process for ad-hoc data reporting requests
- Be well underway with building out our growth lifecycle marketing influence dashboards
Within six months:
- Deliver growth lifecycle marketing influence dashboards
Suggest new report types that will provide direction where there are noticeable gaps
- Own relationship between Marketing and BizOps when it comes to business reporting and directional marketing influence reporting
Within one year:
- Have strong educational foundations built out for new team members to understand the team’s reporting practices
- Raise your hand as a leader, take responsibility, provide direction and guidance, encourage others, grow the company
- Be proud. You’ve helped create and drive the marketing reporting practice that allows the entire marketing team to understand how their efforts drive value and impact at Sourcegraph
You’re like a mash-up of Indiana Jones and Sherlock Holmes - guiding the team through the data jungles, using our KPIs as a map, and doing your best detective work to track down or build the data sources of truth.
You’ve done this job before but never quite like this. This is an opportunity to really stretch your measurement creativity. And that excites you. You see yourself in our values and feel connected to our mission to make it so that everyone can code. This mission-based work and opportunity to innovate motivates you to do some of your most innovative work here at Sourcegraph.
- Ability to gather data from multiple, disparate sources like Google Analytics, Salesforce, and Hubspot to paint a picture of current benchmarks along with actionable insights and recommendations
- Provide measurement for marketing campaigns across digital platforms and brand awareness plays to show what is working and where optimizations and pivots should be made
- Expertise with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Datorama/Supermetrics, and ABM tools like Demandbase
- Proficiency with data visualization tools- today we use Looker and Google Data Studio
- Experience reporting on and providing suggestions for optimizing paid media campaigns, preferably in a product-led growth organization
- Expert knowledge when it comes to analyzing trends to answer questions about lead management processes, lead scoring iterations and growth lifecycle reporting to show marketing attribution through the buy-in journey
- Establish report sharing cadences and run evergreen ad-hoc analyses to produce actionable insights on all ongoing marketing activities
- Excel at direction-setting, consensus-building, and communication in a dynamic, collaborative culture to ensure reporting outcomes meet expectations
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate analytical findings to varying stakeholders at all levels of the organization that include recommendations for optimization of campaigns
- Agile and able to learn how to access data in new technologies
Nice to haves:
- Experience tracking growth marketing across developer audiences
- Experience vetting new vendors to move towards scalable solutions for a growing business
- You apply.
- [30 min] Recruiter screen.
- [30 min] HM Video call intro call with Rebecca Rissinger, Manager, Marketing Operations.
- [30 min] Video call with Sarah Reece, Director, Demand Generation.
- [Show off your skills] Submission of your favorite reports- Share the why and how behind your 3 proudest report creations. Tell us what actionable insights you uncovered for the business.
- [30 min] Video call with Digital Marketing teammate.
- [30 min] Video call with a Web teammate.
- [30 min] Video call with a Customer Operations teammate.
- Any other informal conversations with people who you would be working closely with but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
- We check references & offer you the job!