Tribe and Karma of the Team:
Segment is looking for a Marketing Operations Analyst to fine tune our lead lifecycle and marketing technology across the organization. The role will focus on optimizing the existing MarTech stack while identifying areas of improvement and new technologies and processes.
Drive and Focus of the Role:
- Optimize our marketing technology stack and the related workflows and processes, ensuring our existing processes are well-supported, and that we are building for the future.
- Be obsessed with data model architecture, normalization, and cleanliness as it relates to the marketing/sales tech stack.
- Manage database hygiene and optimization; develop strategy for monitoring and partnering with Business Technology to improve gaps in data health and marketing automation performance.
- Understand the customer journey and lead flows and routing through our systems and oversee the buildout, enrichment, and assignment of our leads database.
- Work cross-functionally with Analytics, Engineering and Sales Ops to develop a holistic sense of our revenue funnel from marketing through closed won.
- Partner with stakeholders across Marketing to ensure that our Marketing programs are operating productively and efficiently.
- Oversee the operational aspects of campaign preparation and attribution.
- Assist in reporting the top and middle of the funnel metrics and insights as it relates to the sales and marketing growth funnel.
- Develop data-driven reporting on marketing sourced/influenced pipeline and AE/SDR-generated pipeline and how it relates to closed business.
- Create real-time dashboards (snapshots) and weekly/monthly/quarterly standardized reporting cadence to understand the trends in pipeline growth and pipeline movement, and how they are influenced by the top and middle of the funnel activity.
What we are looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- Experience managing marketing automation platforms like Marketo; as well as with Salesforce
- Hands-on experience with sales ops and/or marketing ops as part of revenue operations in SaaS companies, driving scaled sales teams, and strategic initiatives
- Experience with customer data platforms like Segment
- Deep understanding of data models and architectures
- Demonstrated success leading and managing funnel operations throughout the customer life cycle, ensuring cross- functional alignment
- A proven, hands-on team member with the ability to work through highly matrixed and complex organizations and to communicate clearly across multiple teams and areas of expertise
- Strong understanding of Marketing technology landscape, measurement, and attribution approaches and technologies like FullCircle, Drift, LeanData, Unbounce, and more
- Analytical and able to interpret, manipulate and explain data trends
- Strategic, big picture, out-of-the-box thinking
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including Executive and C-level
- Proven ability to multitask, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.