About the role:
Marketing Operations and Analytics is a critical team within Growth Marketing that optimizes the lead lifecycle, manages day-to-day marketing initiatives, oversees organization’s MarTech stack, and enables the business with marketing performance insights. We aren’t just changing the way customers engage with us, we are creating a sustainable technology, data and operational blueprint for a world class scaled go-to-market team. We are passionate about data driving decisions and automation enabling us to spend more time listening to our customers.
Our team promotes an agile, collaborative, supportive environment where diverse thinking, innovative design, and experimentation is welcomed and encouraged.
This vital role on Samsara’s Marketing Operations team is responsible for optimizing our global lead flow process. As we have grown and diversified our go-to-market strategy, the marketing operations team is tasked with reinventing our lead processes to uncover new revenue opportunities. This will require re-examination of our systems, processes, SLAs, and governance that will impact marketing, sales, and analytics teams.
You will drive top line revenue impact, streamline the lead lifecycle and enable global marketing funnel metrics. In tight cross-functional collaboration with colleagues in Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations and Engineering you will improve the scale and efficiency of pipeline generation of Samsara’s rapidly growing business.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct monthly analyses and planning processes to improve lead to opportunity conversion rates (e.g., prepare update slides, produce ADR team schedules, provide headcount and quota recommendations).
- Identify opportunities for improved inbound and outbound pipeline generation through a combination of quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Lead the execution of improvement initiatives identified above to capture incremental pipeline.
- Maintain close alignment between the Marketing Operations team and our Sales and Account Development teammates.
- Be a proactive problem solver and have good communication as well as project management skills to relay your findings and solutions across technical and non technical audiences.
- Collaborate with fellow Marketing Operations team members on ad hoc analysis, brainstorming sessions, and projects - one team, one dream!
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 2+ years of relevant experience (roles in marketing operations, business systems analysis, analytics, process improvement, etc. with emphasis on problem solving and analysis preferred)
- Experience using quantitative analysis to frame and answer questions
- Critical thinker with a bias for action
- Growth Mindset -- Excited to learn new skills, embrace giving/receiving feedback, and work with a variety of people
An ideal candidate also has (not required and training in role is available):
- Experience with SQL, python, and/or other data analysis tools is a plus
- Experience with Mar/Sales tech such as Salesforce, SalesLoft, Gong, Marketo is a plus
- Experience with data analytics and visualization tech such as Tableau, BigQuery, and/or Databricks is a plus