We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital, but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 75 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 100,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
Our mission on the Calm for Business team is to improve the health and happiness of employees across the globe. To achieve that mission, we partner with organizations to offer Calm as an employee benefit and we now have over 1,000 corporate partners.
As a member of the B2B team at Calm, you’ll be joining a rapidly growing startup within a startup. We’re a highly collaborative, entrepreneurial, and mission-driven team that is passionate about improving employee well-being and creating healthier workplaces.
About the Role:
As the first project manager on the B2B marketing team, you’ll develop and manage our creative production process, project manage cross-functional marketing initiatives, and develop processes to improve communication, collaboration, and operational efficiency as we grow the team. In this highly dynamic and cross-functional role, you’ll serve as the connective tissue across the B2B marketing team and work collaboratively with internal and external partners to develop world-class creative and marketing programs. This is a key role in one of the fastest growing teams within Calm and an exciting opportunity to make a big impact on one of the company’s most important new strategic initiatives: Calm for Business.
- Develop our creative production and project management processes on the B2B marketing team
- Partner with stakeholders to understand key priorities, intake new briefs, define scope and resourcing needs, and manage the creative production process
- Work closely with designers, copywriters, content marketers, and other creative partners (internal and external) to develop assets and campaigns
- Serve as the connective tissue between different B2B marketing teams, cross-functional partners, and external agencies to ensure strong communication and collaboration
- Project manage large B2B marketing initiatives and cross-functional campaigns
- Identify opportunities to implement new tools and processes to improve the collaboration and efficiency across our B2B marketing team
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve how the B2B marketing team works together as we rapidly scale
- Help to develop effective tracking and reporting across various marketing initiatives and provide regular updates on progress, performance, and trends
- Minimum of 5 years experience across marketing, creative production, and project management
- Minimum of 2 years in working at B2B or B2B2C technology companies
- Highly organized and structured. You are excited about building processes from scratch and are an expert at balancing complex projects and competing priorities.
- Great communicator and cross-functional partner. You are great at building relationships, connecting the dots between different teams, and keeping everyone on the same page with clear and regular communication.
- Proactive and self starting. You actively seek out opportunities to solve new problems and can independently work towards creating solutions.
- Adaptable and flexible. You are an expert at navigating ambiguity and thrive in dynamic work environments.
- Results focused. You don’t build processes just for the sake of it. You’re a problem solver who uses structure and process to help teams move faster and be more impactful.
- Wide breadth of creative production experience. You know how to work effectively with designers, copywriters, videographers, and other creatives to bring a vision to life.
- A savvy marketer and storyteller. You know what a great marketing brief looks like, you always keep the customer / audience in mind, and you use your marketing skills to up-level our creative outputs.
- Effective at balancing speed and quality. You’re a pragmatic marketer who can find the right balance between moving quickly and ensuring our assets are high-quality and on brand.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.