Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is looking for a Paid Media Analyst to join our Growth Marketing Analytics team. Our ideal candidate has extensive Paid Media analytics experience and has a strong grasp on how to query, manipulate and build data pipelines and visualization dashboards to arrive at informative, meaningful recommendations. This person has the curiosity, work ethic, and experience that allows them to dive into large datasets to find insights and areas to test across digital marketing efforts. We are looking for someone with in-depth experience with paid media channels (search, social, programmatic/display), operations, and data infrastructure.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Partner with Paid Media team to identify the opportunities for campaign optimizations.
- Build solid hypotheses and design experiments.
- Build and maintain Paid Media dashboards.
- Define and analyze metrics that determine the success of initiatives or campaigns.
- Apply a diverse set of analytical tactics to solve problems, producing actionable insights.
- Apply your expertise in data analytics to see beyond the numbers and understand the behavior of our visitors and leads.
- Influence and inform the Paid Media team through data-based recommendations.
- Identify and drive initiatives to enhance Toptal’s data ecosystem.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Become acquainted with the teams, product, and business operations.
- Work closely with the Growth Analytics team to learn about our data ecosystem.
In the first month, expect to:
- Work closely with the Paid Media team to fully understand their needs.
- Gain a solid understanding of the data and tools you will be using.
- Start attending the relevant team rituals such as planning, standups, and retros.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Own all of the data aspects of key Paid Media channels.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Understand funnels, ecosystems, user behaviors, and trends to find opportunities for new initiatives or optimizations.
In the first year, expect to:
- Own, coordinate, and solve complex, cross-functional challenges that extend beyond the traditional boundaries of paid media and data analytics.
- 4+ years of analytics experience, with at least 2 of those years collaborating with Paid Media teams.
- Experience with key Paid Media platforms, Google Analytics, SQL, and BI tools (Tableau, Qlik, PowerBi, etc.) is required; experience with Python is a plus.
- A BA/BS degree, preferably in an analytical field.
- Ability to explain complex issues simply and intuitively, and willingness to challenge assumptions, communicate limitations, and flag blind spots.
- Strong understanding of exploratory data analysis, hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions, and experimentation logic and biases.
- Track record of linking data and analytics to business strategy and operations to drive real impact and understand the underlying processes and behaviors.
- Strong attention to detail. We build trust through quality.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.