Help shape the future of education with Khan Academy. We are a nonprofit education technology organization with a mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Today, over 15 million learners, teachers, parents & school & district leaders around the world use Khan Academy each month. But we believe this is just the tip of the iceberg!
We are looking for an experienced leader in account management who will lead the team that is responsible for end-to-end customer success of Khan Academy Districts customers. In this role, you will build upon & take ownership of our partnership management strategy, systems, priorities, & technologies to enable us to deliver an impactful experience for partners at scale. You will also be a people leader who is able to recruit, inspire & retain terrific talent on your team. You will exert influence & work collaboratively with our Sales, Support, Product, & Marketing teams to ensure the most cohesive, delightful and impactful partner experience possible.
Your work will directly impact school districts in the United States: by better meeting their needs, we’ll increase the chances of improving student outcomes for those who need high-quality instruction & resources the most. You will help expand Khan Academy’s reach, bringing world-class instruction & practice content into K-12 classrooms.
About the team
Khan Academy currently employs around 200 full time staff from a wide variety of backgrounds. We are headquartered in Mountain View, California, but the full time staff operates in a remote-friendly way. The district partnerships team is a small, but growing group of about 7 people with members in California, Michigan and Washington, DC. The team currently comes from backgrounds in teaching & other education technology companies.
What the role will entail:
- Own & optimize end-to-end playbook for how we work with districts, from post-sales to ongoing renewal
- Identify & scale best practices for customer success across the team
- Analyze & understand what is driving performance across partners and represent team’s performance to internal stakeholders
- Lead process for delivering Product feedback on an ongoing basis from customers
- Own the implementation & usage of CRM (we use Salsforce) across the team
- Manage and build a team of talented, passionate Khan Academy employees
- Attract and retain a team of district partnership managers
- Cross-functional collaboration with internal teams to improve our end-to-end customer experience
You may be a good fit if
- You have demonstrated success building and implementing an account management or customer success strategy, including the allocation of resources and long-term planning to meet organization-level goals.
- You have experience leading a partnership management or customer success team and bring a clear vision toward the maturity and phased development of these functions.
- You have preferably worked in US public education in some capacity, specifically with school districts
- You are a strong leader, able to inspire and develop followership to your vision while strengthening team culture.
- You have experience scaling standardized processes across a team as it grows.
- Experience using a CRM (we use Salesforce) is a strong plus
- You are comfortable in the role of a player/coach, who is willing to roll up your sleeves and lead by example while equally capable of delegating and growing your team’s skills.
- You seek data & insights to inform and validate your strategy and decisions, and you effectively leverage that data to enhance team operations, efficiency, and outcomes.
- Open to working out of the Mountain View CA office or traveling there 2+ times a year (once it is safe to do so as our office is currently closed)
How to Apply
- Submit your resume via the online job application
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: We believe that reaching all learners requires a team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team’s experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives - whether personal, professional, academic, or in your own classroom - would contribute to the diversity of our team and our ability to understand and address the needs of all learners.
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
You Can Learn Anything: https://www.khanacademy.org/youcanlearnanything
Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.