Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team. This person will be responsible for delivering a go-to-market strategy for new products, solutions, and initiatives that captures the product’s positioning identifies the target audience and subsequent buyer personas and articulates the value proposition and key benefits. This is a newly created role that reports to our VP of Marketing Strategy and Operations. This role is responsible for orchestrating marketing campaign launches, working closely with the Integrated Marketing and Growth Marketing teams to execute fully integrated, full-funnel marketing campaigns and web experiences that deliver upon your go-to-market strategy.
You will utilize research and data to develop a clear and comprehensive understanding of our target audiences and work closely and cross-functionally with Revenue, Product, and Talent Operations teams to define a product roadmap that delivers a pipeline of customer-centric services and solutions.
Our ideal candidate will be an advocate for data-driven decision making, exude deep respect for creativity, and have a thorough understanding of how to inspire and motivate team members to deliver breakthrough ideas that capture attention and interest. This candidate should be able to take a lot of disparate information across various functions and distill it into a simple, consumable solution roadmap and portfolio. This is a role that requires strategic acumen, mastery of relationship-building, keen attention to detail, and a relentless dedication to delivering the highest quality outputs.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Streamline and prioritize the right solutions to bring to market in a data-driven and simplified structure.
- Conduct qualitative, quantitative, and desk research to help inform the product roadmap, leaning heavily on audience insights, trends in the industry, and macro cultural and economic forces.
- Build positioning, messaging, and content architecture for product and solutions portfolio.
- Develop marketing strategies and plans for new product launches, with an emphasis on new delivery models and new solutions.
- Create market segmentation strategies that clearly define target audiences and build out buyer personas.
- Serve as the strategic “glue” for the Content, Creative, Integrated Marketing, and Growth teams as they develop robust marketing campaigns and web experiences for new product launches.
- Work closely with the Revenue team to determine sales enablement needs, and then partner with the Content team to deliver exceptionally high-quality materials.
- Partner with the Marketing Insights team to build out KPIs, monitor performance, and make recommendations on how to best optimize campaigns.
- Take risks and champion new ideas.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Meet and work with the VP of Marketing Strategy and Operations to understand our overall marketing strategy and current/planned new product launches.
- Understand the fundamentals of Toptal and what sets us apart.
- Start to meet with team members from all of the other teams within the Marketing function.
- Gain a deep understanding of the roles and priorities of the team and key stakeholders.
In the first month, expect to:
- Meet other stakeholders across Toptal that you will work with.
- Begin to take responsibility for the current/future product launches.
- Begin working with the Marketing Insights team to create a research plan.
- Conduct desk research to better understand trends with the category.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Assume full responsibility for one or more product launches.
- Begun planning for new customer research.
- Become fully integrated into Toptal and the Marketing team.
- Have a rapport with key cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strategize future projects you’ll take on.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Launch at least one new product.
- Have a clear understanding of the product roadmap for the next 6 - 12 months, and begin developing product marketing strategies for them.
- Achieve a productive and collaborative rhythm with cross-functional stakeholders.
- 5 - 7 years experience as a product marketer or solution marketer.
- Strong professional background as part of a successful marketing team, including direct experience developing strategies and executing campaigns for new solutions/services-based product launches.
- A proven track record of successfully working cross-functionally.
- Experience owning or influencing a product roadmap.
- B2B experience preferred, but not required.
- You must be a self-starter with initiative and drive, capable of executing rapidly with limited strategic direction.
- You must have an exceptional eye for quality and an unwillingness to compromise on the quality of both messaging and design.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with individuals across a variety of functions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.