Senior Associate, Email Marketing
Catchafire is a full service, on-demand solution designed to address the wide-ranging and complex needs of nonprofits by connecting them with talented pro bono professionals. We partner with major funders (read more here) to provide unlimited access to Catchafire to tens of thousands of nonprofits ready to invest in the growth of their organizations and the impact of their service.
Our mission is simple: catalyze positive social change by building a stronger nonprofit sector fueled by talent abundance. Here are some ways to get to know us better:
About Role and the Department
We’re expanding our Email Marketing team and looking for a well-organized digital marketer who can work in a high-volume email environment. As the Senior Associate, Email Marketing, you will be responsible for building insightful emails and coordinating marketing campaigns and flows focused on registration and user activation at a hyper-local level. This role will require the ability to manage multiple deadlines, turn around projects quickly, and turn data and trends into new thinking and innovation in our email program. In sync with an additional email senior associate, you two are the operational backbone of our Marketing team, helping us engage our audiences (B2B & B2C) at-scale through effective messaging and efficient management of all email marketing efforts.
The person best suited for this role has a sense of ownership and initiative; is flexible and open to quick iterations; and has the ability to create repeatable processes to scale their efforts. Serving as the connection point between the Marketing team and various cross-functional teams needing email support, you will grow into a performance marketer and content engagement strategist.
This role will report to our Marketing & Communications Director.
- Brand builder: You have an appreciation for the relationship between textual and visual elements. Copy doesn’t exist in a vacuum, and you believe words and design have to work together.
- User-focused: You want to deeply understand the nonprofit sector, our nonprofit and volunteer users, and what critical problems our product is solving. You are motivated by the Catchafire vision to transform the nonprofit sector.
- Purpose-driven marketer: You are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness, and you believe that diversity is crucial for persuasive storytelling and successful change efforts.
- Superb communicator: You get stuff done, with a bias for action and execution. Internally, you keep your stakeholders in the know and elevate issues or questions clearly and promptly to keep workflows moving. You naturally double or even triple check your work without being prompted because you know that the details matter.
Responsibilities of the Senior Associate, Email Marketing
- Project management: Perform day-to-day operational email marketing activities including, but not limited to, writing creative briefs, providing design feedback, email campaign set-up and coding, scheduling, testing, QA, and deployment of one-time and automated campaigns.
- Test & measure: Monitor and track key email marketing metrics including delivery, open rates, click rates, conversion, opt-out, and segmentation analysis. Proactively propose new A/B tests, analyze results, and identify actionable opportunities and best practices to improve campaign performance.
- Messaging: Actively participate in copywriting and messaging tests that drive action and brand affinity, bringing a diverse and inclusive perspective to storytelling and calls-to-action.
- Growth: Challenge the team to communicate in unique ways by A/B testing, conducting messaging research, and having a pulse on email trends.
Experience / Background
In order to be successful in this role you must meet most, of if not all, of the following needs:
- 2-4 years of experience in an email marketing role with direct ESP experience (e.g., MailChimp, Pardot, SendGrid), preferably with an direct-to-consumer brand or SAAS company
- Skilled at prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with monitoring engagement and analyzing data
- Passion for storytelling and desire to work in cause-marketing
- Familiarity with and a commitment to continued learning and development in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) issues and topics
- Copywriting a plus (++)
How to Apply
If our values resonate with you, email your resume to email@example.com. Please specify “Senior Associate, Email Marketing” in the subject, and include the following in lieu of a formal cover letter:
- 3 samples of content you have previously written or worked on.
- To get you started, examples could be items such as emails, blogs (personal or for work), video scripts, social media snippets, and/or press releases.
- We are most interested in seeing finished products that demonstrate your range of writing, creativity, and/or execution.
- With each example, please give a short description of the project - purpose, goals, outcomes, and what role you played in the piece.
Catchafire’s office is based in NYC, though we will be working remotely as long as COVID-19 persists. We consider our employees’ safety as a top priority and we will continue to assess our return date and when we will resume work travel as the situation progresses. We also provide accommodations to help with home office set up.
This role may be remote full time, with the expectation that the employee is willing and able to travel to the NYC office periodically as deemed necessary and beneficial.
Catchafire is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are also welcoming to any reasonable accommodations that can be made for candidates in our hiring process.