Right now, even though STEM skills are increasingly important, over 60% of students in Kindergarten through 8th grade are not proficient in math at their own grade-level. The pandemic has increased the opportunity gap for our most vulnerable students. As a society, we need to bring together our best, most creative minds to tackle this critical problem and ensure all kids are successful in math and school and have the tools they need to reach their potential. This includes developing the most innovative learning technology using advanced data science in a way that inspires students and empowers teachers. Come help us make a difference at DreamBox Learning.
We’re passionate about our mission to radically transform the way the world learns. Today, our Intelligent Adaptive Learning platform – with its rigorous math curriculum and game-based environment – is helping 5 million kids and over 150,000 educators improve math achievement and build a love of math at the same time. In the wake of COVID-19, and the broad range of learning experiences: in-person, all virtual and hybrid models, we are uniquely positioned to bring our best-in-class adaptive learning platform to more students and provide Educators and Parents with insights into their student’s learning.
About the Role:
DreamBox Learning is seeking a Senior Director of Product Marketing to plan, create and implement DBL’s product marketing strategy. In addition to the introduction of new products and features, this leader will be responsible for setting up the overall strategy for promoting DBL’s product and service offerings (GTM) to ensure early usage, deep adoption, and student impact.
Working closely with our Sales, Marketing, Product teams, you will develop product messaging that distinguishes our new offerings from the competition, own the advancement of our product positioning, develop sales tools and training that supports the selling process, and mature our competitive intelligence to drive product adoption. You will be an internal expert about competitive offerings and advise the product, marketing, and sales team about new competitive developments. You’ll collaborate with other members of the leadership team to engage customers in becoming advocates for DreamBox leading to market expansion.
This leader must be extremely collaborative, have a metrics-driven mindset, a high bar for quality, and the ability to lead in a fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative and dynamic product marketing leader to work with great people, support aggressive business growth, and be aligned with our Mission to have a meaningful impact on the lives of teachers, students, and administrators.
What you should show up ready to teach anyone on your first day:
· Examples of product launches that you helped plan and execute from start to finish, including what you learned from the most successful and least successful launches you’ve been part of.
· Best practices for successful GTM in a B2B SAAS environment, including the coordination of cross-functional teams executing on a plan and common pitfalls to avoid.
· How to develop positioning of products and services that differentiates value in the market.
· How to create compelling messaging and storytelling that resonates with different points in the customer journey.
· Techniques for effectively partnering with the Product Management team to communicate the value proposition of the product to the sales team.
· How to build and scale a high-performing product marketing teams, including how to attract, develop, and retain talent as well as manage a budget.
· metrics and analytics are key to measuring the success of product marketing, GTM strategies, and product launches.
· How to build trust quickly with multiple teams and stakeholders.
Within your first two weeks, you’ll:
· Introduce yourself to your new colleagues and get set up with all the tools you’ll need to be successful.
· Meet our Product Management and Curriculum Design teams to understand our near-term roadmap features, the value they bring to clients, and the product marketing efforts currently underway.
· Meet our Marketing teams and learning about our current marketing efforts outside of product marketing.
· Put yourself in the place of a student by playing DreamBox’s math lessons.
· Learn about the learning science upon which DreamBox is built, and what makes it the most effective K-8 mathematics solution in the world today.
Within your first two months, you’ll:
· Learn more about our users and their needs from other client facing teams, such as Professional Development, Client Experience, Sales, and Customer Success.
· Join sales and client meetings to develop an understanding of the needs of our product’s end users.
· Help define, drive, and iterate on GTM strategy for DreamBox Learning by creating a framework for planning and executing successful GTM efforts and product launches.
· Create a plan for collecting and monitoring key metrics that will help inform product marketing decisions.
· Learn about our longer-term product roadmap and begin planning the launches.
· Review existing product marketing collateral and identify priority areas for updating materials or creating new ones.
· Learn about DreamBox’s competitive landscape and segment of the education technology market.
Within your first six months, you’ll:
· Lead at least one product launch, coordinating cross-functional teams.
· Collaborate across teams to build and deliver cohesive product marketing plans, GTM strategies, and alignment to support business objectives.
· Analyze and disseminate results, evaluate product marketing effectiveness and ROI of product marketing programs to drive investments and productivity.
· Support market and customer research collection, analysis, and interpretation of data for short- and long-term market forecasts and reports.
· Cultivate effective relationships with internal stakeholders to ignite action that will grow the business.
· Grow a deep understanding of our customers and marketplace while integrating best practices on how customer needs inform our product marketing strategies.
· Assist sales on calls when appropriate to provide deeper dives into the product.
· Manage the development of sales tools and training that support the selling process of our products and services.
· Own and drive the creation of content (e.g., infographics, white papers, user guides, web content, presentations, sales documentation, product videos, website copy, blog posts, release announcements) to articulate the benefits of DreamBox to the marketplace.
· Understand the buyers of DreamBox, including how they buy and their buying criteria.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or a related field, MBA preferred.
· 10+ years of extensive experience in product marketing, strategy, or growth marketing for SaaS/ enterprise technology companies and have B2B experience.
· At least 7 years’ experience managing, growing, and leading high-performing teams.
· Experience in the Learning technology industry a plus, but not required.