Position: Senior Performance Marketing Manager
Location: Norwich, UK or Remote (Based in the UK)
Employment type: FTE
NerdWallet, a website and mobile app delivering industry-leading financial guidance, tools and independent reviews, is expanding into the UK. Founded in 2009, NerdWallet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with a UK office in Norwich. There’s a team of more than 400 Nerds (including 20+ in the UK) who are on a mission to provide clarity for all of life’s financial decisions.
We have over 160 million visitors come to us every year as a trusted and objective source for information. We provide consumers with expert and actionable guidance across a range of personal finance topics, including credit cards, banking, loans, investing and general personal finance.
NerdWallet UK is looking for a full-time Senior Performance Marketing Manager in the UK.
This role will report in to the Commercial Director and will be responsible for managing a £10m+ advertising spend and strategy across a variety of paid marketing channels. We are looking for a Senior Performance Marketing Manager with a proven track record in building and implementing best-in-class growth and performance marketing strategies across all channels, uncovering new ways to drive customer acquisition.
- Passionate about self-improvement and at ease with constructive feedback
- Someone who works with equal enthusiasm whether you’re leading a task or working within a team
- Able to give constructive feedback, work through competing viewpoints and handle challenging conversations effectively
- Able to collaborate well with key business stakeholders
- Naturally analytical and able to crunch data, strong excel skills essential
- Excels at time management, prioritisation and handling multiple tasks at once
- Possesses high attention to detail and process
- Relentlessly driven with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Self-motivated and can work autonomously
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Able to think both strategically and tactically depending on the business needs
Where you can make an impact:
- Building, developing, and executing a comprehensive paid media strategy to drive performance and hit monthly ROI targets
- Forecasting, planning, execution and performance analysis for paid media campaigns
- Testing and learning with automated bidding to ensure we have the best strategy for each financial vertical
- Collaborating with vertical managers and commercial stakeholders to highlight risks and opportunities for performance media to support the overall vertical targets
- Work closely with the SEO team to ensure integrated tracking of PPC and SEO and to understand the impact of cross-channel cannibalisation and refine PPC strategy accordingly
- Utilise attribution technology to evaluate contribution of performance media beyond last-click
- Coordinating, mentoring and developing junior team members
This is our ideal wishlist, but most people don’t check every box on every job description. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 5+ years experience of managing multi million pound PPC campaigns and working to targets/KPIs
- Experience managing integrated campaigns across search, social, display and native
- Experience using tools and technology to support best-in-class campaign management (e.g. Google bidding tools - Target CPA/ROAS, Marin, Search 360, Criteo, Analytics 360.)
- Ideally experience with A/B and multivariate testing techniques and tools (Optimizely, etc.)
- Experience with attribution modelling and working closely with business intelligence
- Experience building paid media programs from the ground up and scaling teams
- Advanced knowledge of marketing automation tools
- Experience with data visualisation tools (Tableau, Looker, Periscope, Power BI.)
- Experience managing and developing a team
- Ability to manage multiple workflows with a high level of accuracy
- Strong computer skills (Google Calendar, Google Drive, Excel)
What we offer:
- Generous Pension: NerdWallet offers up to 6% matched pension contribution
- 25 days holiday per year
- Wellness stipend: NerdWallet gives every employee a monthly wellness stipend. It is yours to use however you’d like
- Career enrichment stipend: We value a growth mindset, and we never stop learning Each year, you will have funds to help you grow professionally in your role at NerdWallet
- Mental health support: We take mental health seriously. To offer you mental health support, NerdWallet partners with Ginger, a chat-based mental health app. You are able to use Ginger anytime, any place
- Legal support: NerdWallet offers access to online legal support through Rocket Lawyer
NerdWallet is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic: age; gender reassignment; being married or in a civil partnership; being pregnant or on maternity leave; disability; race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin; religion or belief; sex; or sexual orientation. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.