Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. We help developers and large enterprise companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. In enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced 4x year-over-year revenue growth with zero customer churn, and our $50M Series C from Sequoia has given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future.
To achieve our mission, we're looking for a Senior Product Marketer to partner closely with sales, product, customer engineering, and marketing teams to drive awareness and adoption of our enterprise offering. You’ll report directly to the Director of Product Marketing and be an early member of the growing marketing team.
Sound like a match? We want to hear from you!
Why this job is exciting
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager focused on our largest customers, you’ll play a key role in growing our enterprise business. You’ll be an early member of the product marketing team, working on high-impact projects.
In the first 30 days, you will…
- Align on your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
- Meet key stakeholders across sales, customer engineering, product, and marketing
- Develop a deep understanding of our enterprise customers, our products, competitors, and the market
In the first 60 days, you will…
- Support sales and marketing teams by creating high quality messaging and materials, including customer use cases, pitch decks, value drivers, and product messaging/positioning
- Begin building out our competitive intelligence program, including creating battle cards, external content, and competitive positioning
In the first 90 days, you will…
- Launch your first cross-functional marketing campaign or program to generate qualified enterprise opportunities
- Develop and execute the go-to-market strategy for new enterprise features and products, including creating buyer personas, messaging and positioning docs, value drivers, and packaging strategy
You are an experienced product marketer that loves partnering with sales to refine a pitch deck as much as you love partnering with product to bring new features to market. You have a customer-first mindset and know what it takes to keep internal stakeholders aligned in order to keep projects moving forward.
- You have 2+ years of B2B software product marketing experience, with 3-5 years of total relevant experience
- You have led feature launches and/or contributed to large product launches
- You have a strong understanding of enterprise buyers and experience creating compelling messaging that speaks to business vale
- You have the ability to effectively communicate and build trust with a technical audience
- You are organized with excellent project management skills and can effectively collaborate with a variety of stakeholders
- You have excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
Nice to haves
- Experience marketing to developers or SaaS/API product marketing experience
- You apply.
- [30 min] Call with the recruiter to chat with you about Sourcegraph and to find out what you are looking for in your next role.
- [45 min] Intro call with the hiring manager, Andy Schumeister
- [45 min] Interviews with a few of the teams you’d work with:
- Product management
- [1-1.5 hr] Collaboration session to see how you’d work with the team