Help shape the future of education with Khan Academy. We are a nonprofit education technology organization with a mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Today, over 15 million learners, teachers, parents & school & district leaders around the world use Khan Academy each month. But we believe this is just the tip of the iceberg!
We are looking for a Senior Segment Marketer who will own the marketing strategy and execution to schools & districts in the United States for two of Khan Academy’s products: Khan Academy Districts and MAP Accelerator in support of our goals to increase the number of students licensed to use these products by 4x in the next 3 years while deepening usage level by these students. You will combine an understanding of education marketing trends, a track record of developing successful marketing strategies and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and execute on the marketing strategies that you play a central role in developing.
As the Segment Marketer for Districts, you will have two goals: (1) Generate awareness and leads of Khan Academy’s products for districts & schools; and (2) Drive deep engagement & usage of Khan Academy’s products by contributing to engagement campaigns & activities. In this role, you will work closely with Khan Academy colleagues in sales, customer success, product development, and consumer marketing--as well as with external partners--to achieve these two goals.
This individual will join a team of colleagues working to support a growing set of school district customers and will be the first full-time employee focused on marketing & engagement to school districts, providing them with a great opportunity to make their mark on our organization.
A successful candidate will be a creative & strategic thinker who is passionate about education & can independently develop insight- and data-driven marketing strategies & work collaboratively with others to bring them to fruition.
- Craft & drive the go-to-market marketing strategy for Khan Academy Districts and be the partnership marketing lead for MAP Accelerator.
- Must be able to connect target audience with message maps & a prioritized list of marketing channels
- Able to create compelling district-facing content (sales enablement collateral, presentations, etc.) to connect product features to benefits and help districts & educators understand how our product & content is differentiated from competitors
- Must be comfortable working collaboratively and cross-functionally with colleagues to execute on a marketing strategy on time & within budget
- Able to identify, nurture & amplify success stories in service of sales
- Able to identify in-product marketing opportunities as well as engagement campaign opportunities to measurably increase either awareness or engagement
You may be a good fit if you have
- Excellent general marketing skills
- Understanding of the educational marketing industry, buyer personas & current trends
- Excellent analytical thinking, both quantitative and qualitative
- Able to translate thinking into clearly distilled communications for internal & external audiences
- A skilled public speaker: at events, during presentations, and in both in-person and virtual settings
- Able to clearly analyze competitive market, take a stand on our current & prospective differentiators, and translate the analysis into external messaging
- Leadership skills: looks for opportunities to strengthen teams of colleagues, takes initiative, able to think both short and long term to accomplish goals
- A team player mentality: we are a small and nimble team, so each member must be willing to roll up their sleeves and execute independently
- Familiarity with online tools used for email automation (we use Sailthru), design (we use Figma), and CRM (we use Salesforce).
- Open to working out of the Mountain View CA office or traveling there 2+ times a year (once it is safe to do so as our office is currently closed)
- Able to work +/- 1.5 hours from Pacific Coast time, as most cross-functional collaborators are located in PT
How to Apply
- Submit your resume via the online job application
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: We believe that reaching all learners requires a team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team’s experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives - whether personal, professional, academic, or in your own classroom - would contribute to the diversity of our team and our ability to understand and address the needs of all learners.
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
You Can Learn Anything: https://www.khanacademy.org/youcanlearnanything
Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.