Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. Being Virtual First also means the location of our employees is targeted but flexible. If “Location Flexible” is listed in the job title of a role, the role can be located in any of the states where Dropbox is authorized to do business.** Some roles (including those which do not have “Location Flexible” in the job title), however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences.
**Dropbox is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Dropbox is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Dropbox is registered.
Dropbox is one place to keep life organized and keep work moving. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has offices around the world. For more information on our mission and products, visit dropbox.com.
Our Marketing team sets product positioning and strategy, manages product launches, and gathers customer insights. We’re responsible for maximizing our products' potential, in order to delight our users and help Dropbox grow. We partner with teams across the company, including Product, Sales, and Engineering.
As the Sr. Technical Marketing Manager you will be responsible for building compelling narratives and sharing it with our technical buyers and their teams. Building campaigns, programs, and digital customer experiences that cater specifically to the needs and pain points of developers and technical audiences will be critical to this role. This role will focus primarily on the HelloSign API, our developer-focused offering for embedding eSignatures in websites, applications and workflows.
This is a highly cross-functional role, and applicants will be expected to interface with a broad array of internal engineering, marketing, teams as well as senior leaders and executives from both HelloSign and Dropbox.
- Technical Audience Guru – Represent the voice of the technical customer in product, marketing and sales conversations. Ensure marketing strategies account for technical customers and cater to the needs of these customers.
- Thought Partner to Product Marketing - Serve as a key partner to the product marketing team, helping them craft meaningful customer narratives and translating them to digital experiences and in-product messaging
- Content Creation & Campaign Support - Craft impactful and relevant content for technical and developer audiences
- Collaborate closely with the demand generation team to guide the creation of campaigns designed to target technical buyers
- Competitive & Market intelligence – Be an authority on your buyers, how they buy, and their buying criteria; build personas; understand segmentations; be an expert on your competition and how to beat them
- Thought leadership & advocacy - Be an external (and internal) thought leader about the market, contributing regularly on the company’s blog and other social media outlets. Deliver compelling presentations for in-person and online events that highlight how our products solve real problem sets.
- Embody our core values and uphold our unique company culture. We value diversity and inclusion, and encourage our team members to be their authentic selves at work
- Your have at least 7 years of relevant experience in Technical Marketing, Product Marketing or Product Management
- You have experience marketing products to developers, product / engineering leaders or IT teams
- You have experience working in highly complex companies with multiple products and teams
- You have experience building and launching campaigns, working on customer segmentation, and building messaging
- You are a self-starter and are solution-oriented, and can operate at a high level with senior-level stakeholders
- You are a team-player first and foremost, and believe great things come from collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company contribution toward individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)