SmartBug’s Specialist, Paid Media role is dedicated to delivering a deep level of expertise across all paid media channels. Not only does the Specialist, Paid Media bring this area of expertise to bear across SmartBug client services on an as-needed basis, but the role also maintains a direct book of clients where the Specialist, Paid Media is the liaison and primary point of contact between the client and extended SmartBug team, thus, helping to build strong, long-term client relationships.
As a specialist who both handles revenue and assists in delivering services and expertise to clients outside the role’s direct management, the Specialist, Paid Media is responsible for
- Paid Media Expertise:
- Developing, implementing, and leading the account’s paid media strategy for various channels including AdWords, Bing, Amazon, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook/Instagram, Terminus, and other third-party ad platforms.
- Defining important metrics for paid media performance.
- Running and overseeing paid media content.
- Effectively monitoring account budgetary goals.
- Measuring the success of every paid media campaign based on the performance of account KPIs.
- Staying up to date with latest paid media best practices and technologies.
- Working in and delegating multidisciplinary teams with copywriters and designers.
- Effectively collaborating with internal team members servicing the account.
- Having a deep understanding of the client’s business, objectives, and current gaps.
- Ensuring the precise and seamless execution of account strategies.
- Actively identifying and removing barriers to success.
- Understanding at a high-level the marketing technology required to make plans successful while continually expanding on this knowledge as-needed.
- Recommending improvements to SmartBug’s internal processes as it relates to paid media.
- Actively researching and collecting data to help inform paid media strategies moving forward.
- The regular reporting on and monitoring of performance and optimization results.
- Driving client's revenue growth through paid media strategies and tactics.
- Rocking The Client Experience & Improving Client Retention:
As the main point of contact for directly assigned accounts, the Specialist, Paid Media plays a key role in creating a client experience that rocks and improves client retention. The Specialist, Paid Media works to meet the client’s revenue goals, while also providing a flawless client experience through:
- Operating as the main point of contact for all matters specific to your directly assigned accounts
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Overseeing customer account management for directly assigned accounts, including negotiating contracts and agreements to improve profit; escalating to Director, Inbound Marketing as needed.
- Developing trusted advisor relationships with key account contacts, customer stakeholders, and executive sponsors.
- Ensuring the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Coordinating with internal stakeholders to provide the client weekly status updates and also providing monthly/quarterly updates on initiatives to internal and external team members.
- Working to resolve challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed.
- Educating the client on critical initiatives, strategies, execution best practices, or technology.
- Staying up-to-date with trends to help identify opportunities for the client.
- Communicating opportunities to improve the client experience with SmartBug leadership.
- Consistently driving value for our clients while effectively communicating that value both internally and externally.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship is required
- A minimum of 3 years experience in developing, implementing, and leading paid media strategy for various channels including AdWords, Bing, Amazon, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook/Instagram, Terminus, and other third-party ad platforms.
- B.A. or B.S. degree is required; aligning field preferred
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to lead and direct internal resources with confidence, identify and act on project issues and risks, seeing each through to its proper resolution
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience with project management systems is required; experience with Teamwork is strongly preferred
- Proven relationship-building skills and communication experience
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate with executive-level clients
- Basic understanding of digital marketing outside of Paid Media, including content marketing, SEO, and website optimization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Experience working remotely in similar roles is strongly preferred
About SmartBug Media
SmartBug Media™ is a fully remote globally recognized Intelligent Inbound™ marketing agency that assists businesses in growing revenue through content marketing, sales enablement, web development, marketing automation, and PR. For over 10 years, SmartBug™ has helped businesses increase qualified leads, close customers, and enhance the reach and loyalty of their brands. We are a 90+ person remote company that believes you shouldn’t have to compromise work/life balance in order to deliver great work, and we believe that you can do this from anywhere. SmartBug has been named to the Inc. 5000 4 times, Adweek 100 the last two years, and has won numerous Comparably awards for its culture and leadership. SmartBug is HubSpot’s highest rated partner in the world.