This position is remote-friendly! You have the flexibility to work from anywhere in the United States or out of our headquarters in Manhattan, NYC (NYC-area candidates will also be remote for the foreseeable future, due to COVID-19).
We're Happy Cog, a growing interactive agency located in the NoMad District of Manhattan. Looking to work with awesome clients? Well, we've got an impressive list including Google, Airbnb, Etsy, The Associated Press, New York City, and Columbia University to name but a few. We've got an incredible road ahead, and are looking for a full-time Technical SEO Specialist to join us in our journey!
We need someone who is passionate about SEO and Digital Marketing to help deliver amazing SEO results for our growing roster of clients. The ideal candidate will not only be proficient in the latest and greatest techniques and tools, but will also have the ability to think strategically about projects and play a role in putting together integrated campaigns blending organic search, PPC, display, and remarketing. You’ll be working on multiple client accounts across a variety of industries and verticals, but you’ll always have the same goal: to get the client the best possible results.
The right candidate will be a blend of strategist and technologist, able to multitask across diverse environments, communicate with clients and internal team members, and be passionate about learning new technologies and processes. We’re looking for someone who can think strategically, but who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get some serious work done. They should have at least 2-3 years of direct search engine optimization experience at an agency.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with strategic development for SEO campaigns, starting from the kick-off and extending through post-launch and analysis
- Defining and building keyword lists based on clients’ objectives and market opportunity, using a mix of proprietary tools, analytics data, and PPC data
- Preparing and executing on-page optimization strategies to achieve organic visibility for our clients
- Reviewing website server logs, crawl reports, and analytics reports to come up with strategies to improve indexation
- Reviewing web analytics data to provide feedback to our internal team on performance, and to analyze visitor behavior and trends to come up with the next steps
- Working with our internal resources to prepare, plan, and execute link building and content marketing strategies
- Coordinating regularly with our website development, SEM, design, and business development teams, as well as with senior management, to ensure that clients are getting positive results
- Collaborate with the content and outreach teams to help identify opportunities to create, distribute, and promote web content.
- Strong face-to-face, telephone, and email communications skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Familiarity with various web platforms/content management systems, like WordPress, Craft CMS, Shopify, etc.
- Ability to write compelling, optimized content (page content, metadata, etc.)
- Familiarity with website analytics platforms such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Understanding of Schema markup
- Experience working with canonical tags, redirects, robots.txt files, and XML sitemaps
- Understanding of best practices for site architecture and URL structure
- Knowledge of factors that influence search engine rankings
- Ability to think strategically to identify and define keyword opportunities for optimization
- Knowledge of SEO software such as Moz, BrightEdge, DeepCrawl, Conductor, SEMRush, SEOBook, ScreamingFrog, and others
- Understanding of how to interpret data from platforms like Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools to drive SEO strategy
- A strong passion for SEO!
- Flexible hours.
- Paid vacation policy.
- Lunch paid for every day by the company for team members in the NYC office, via your own Seamless account.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Eligible for Simple IRA.
- Perks/discounts from many stores and services via Fond.
Manhattan, NYC (remote candidates welcome!)
Happy Cog is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
We embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the greater work we can create together.