Position: VP of Growth and Analytics
Location: Los Angeles or Remote
About Us: GEM (dailygem.co) is a consumer life science company pioneering new applications for our human and planetary nutrition.
GEM has nurtured an ecosystem of thousands of humans across the US who believe in nourishing differently. We are a kaleidoscopic team of driven, passionate, curious, collaborative humans who all love to test & learn and challenge the status quo. We’re looking to build an incredible team of people who are excited to take part in our mission to democratize better solutions for our collective health.
Role Summary: GEM is seeking an ambitious leader to join us and our growing team, as our VP of Growth and Analytics. This person will play a significant role in the trajectory of our company, as they will be responsible for developing and executing the strategy that drives demand and revenue growth for our brand. Our VP of Growth and Analytics will both oversee and help us to grow our broader marketing team.
The ideal candidate for this role has past experience leading a full-funnel marketing team for a high-growth D2C/eCommerce brand, and is a metrics-driven leader, with extensive experience in creating repeatable, scalable, demand generation engines. We’re looking for a strategic problem-solver who is also an effective influencer and has deep experience across a range of marketing channels.
Who You Are:
- You enjoy a challenge and are looking to lead a high-growth team
- You are data-obsessed and know how to turn numbers into actionable results
- You are a natural leader with the enthusiasm and ability to motivate others
- You are driven and look for the most efficient ways to analyze and capitalize on consumer behavior
- You don’t settle for the status quo and proactively tackle plans and strategies without being asked
- You are efficient. You move fast while paying attention to detail
- You are a strong verbal and written communicator with impeccable cross-functional relationships skills
- You feel connected to GEM’s mission and desire to be part of a small but mighty team where you can see and feel the impact of your work
What You’ll Do:
- Lead Marketing at GEM and help take us to the next level by identifying new opportunities for growth, retention, expansion, and acquisition
- Build out all core Marketing data/KPIs. You’ll own data analysis, channel optimization, and broader tracking and support for KPIs across all revenue channels
- Identify friction points and opportunities and set up a strategy for testing acquisition across our landing pages & social ads, website, Search and SEM, email & more
- Help build and lead a team of internal talent and work with our marketing vendors & contractors to collectively deliver results
- Manage pricing, bundling, and cross-sell strategy for DTC platform driving our AOV + LTV
- Diversify our revenue sources and develop comprehensive reporting to track performance and justify spend
- Build effective, scalable systems and process to navigate rapid growth/change
- 7+ years of relevant Growth experience, with at least 5+ years leading Marketing teams - small startup & D2C experience a plus
- Proven understanding across all growth channels: SEM, SEO, referral, email, direct response, direct mail, affiliate, influencer, etc.
- A deep understanding of SQL based systems
- Prior experience implementing big strategic testing frameworks across acquisition funnel and working across departments - particularly with operations in managing inventory, sell-through, and big tech implementations.
- Experience with hiring and growing a team
- Proven track record of growing revenue in cost-effective and profitable ways
- A deep understanding of the dynamic digital marketing landscape
- Team player with a “do-er” mentality, familiarity with working on a lean-team
Daily GEM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.